Chapter 8

updated•

Y/N

I sat down on my parents bed demanding answers.

"Okay mija we told you, once you turn 18 you can do whatever you want. Until then you have to listen to us." My mom said.

I wasn't having it. But I knew I couldn't do nothing about it, if they don't want to tell me they won't. It's annoying but that's just how it is, and it sucks because I just want answers. Nothing more, nothing less. Is that too much?

Okay so rewind. I woke up in my new house, the day was going good. I didn't leave my room. Diego wasn't home,( from what I can tell) and I was just on TikTok.

My parents called me into there room, they said they want me to attend a school tomorrow. I know it's just school, but I had told my parents in the past when I first found out that we were moving that I would not be going to school. I'm a junior, which I guess 1 more year couldn't hurt, but I don't think I would have the motivation.

I wanted to work. Earn money. My parents agreed to that, but now they want to switch up. They said that we don't need any more money, and I still don't got an answer for that still.

And that my education is much more important than money, I can see what there coming from, but I should be able to make my own choices.

I wasn't really mad about that, it's the fact they switch up. And that they want to be controlling my life. I cried into my pillow, I was trying to catch my breath each time I cried. I whined and whimper. I just needed someone to hold me. But Luis isn't here, and I don't have any friends. Why am I such a cry baby?

I kept crying into my pillow until I stopped and looked at my ceiling. Still sniffling, and my eyes puffy red. This is crazy. How am I going to cry over something like this? I should be laughing in fact. So I did, I tried to laugh it off. And it work, sort of.

I heard shouting from outside and something hit my window. I groaned as I got up, wiped my tears. And put on a blank expression.

I looked down from outside to see a pebble was laying on the floor. I looked up to see Diego.

"What?" I shouted, people around could hear our conversation, but I didn't care.

"I was just making sure you weren't possessed, it's okay to cry. Believe me I know a ton about that. You need someone to talk to?" He said.

He spoke so generally, like he meant it. I stood there thinking while my gaze was on the ground. Was I gonna let him in? Or keep him out? I really need someone to talk to.

But him? He's a soccer player, all he knows is fame and talent. But so do I.. I was the most popular person in my old school because of my talent. People were jealous of me, because anything they could do, I could do better.

So maybe he will understand my problems.

Should I tell him my problems I had never told anyone else? Or should I pretend that I was fine?

I don't want to cause anymore stuff. I'm just gonna say I'm fine.

"It's okay... I'm okay. I'm fine" I said. Although the voice crack in my voice said otherwise. I saw him bite his cheek as he want back inside his room, fully. I sighed, I'm such an overthinker.

Although I did say I was okay, he didn't even ask twice if I was sure. Because if he did I probably would have ranted ny heart out. I closed my window to see that he wasn't in his room anymore.

I heard a knock at the door, I heard my parents open it and talk to someone.

I heard footsteps, coming closer and closer. My door flung open, and there Diego stood. He closed the door.