Spider's Rise | 5

Start from the beginning

"Ooooooo!" Mei and Tang glanced at eachother before the apprentice stepped forward, "So! Where're we headin!?" She grinned.

MK placed a foot on the front rail of the hovercraft and pointed outward, "Set a course! For Flower Fruit Mountain!"

Jinhua visibly cringed at the destination, "Oh great...." She muttered half heartedly.

Landing on the out coastal region of Flower Fruit Mountain, Jinhua surveyed the beach with a frown, "I really dislike this place..." she sighed to herself.

MK heard with a frown, he didn't know if it was a good idea to take Jinhua or Redson here because of obvious reasons, but he thought it would be the safest option while they concur the antidote with the heavenly ingredients.

Jinhua shook her head as she motioned Mei over, "What's up, Master?"

"Let's start teaching you how to write symbols out in this conation sigil." Jinhua pulled out her sheathe and started writing out symbols and their meaning out in the sand, "Redson be a dear and draw out the base of the sigil.

Redson glanced over to see Mei focusing on the symbols with a tongue sticking out, must've been a habit, "Yes, yes. Whatever gets this done quicker." He droned on with a huff.

Jinhua turned back and glanced over at Mei with a soft smile, "Now what does this mean?" She pointed to the one that looked like a swirly.

Mei copied the symbol with her own sword and replied, "Doesn't it mean the element of air or hurricane?"

Jinhua nodded and pointed to an all but familiar symbol, "And this one?"

Mei brightened at that one, "Oh! That one's easy! It's fire! I think most of us here could control that element!"

Jinhua smiled at her answer, "All except you of course, my little apprentice."

Mei let out a huff with an eye roll, "What's next?"

The demoness smirked and circled both of symbols of Fire and Air and drew a line down, forming a question mark, "Combining these two elements, what product do you receive from this combination?"

Mei scrunched up her face, "This sounds like a math problem..." She rubbed her face in agony and glanced over at Redson in hopes of getting a hint.

The bull demon let out a snort, "Don't look at me, this is beginner lessons, I'm far past those baby questions." He waved her off and continued drawing out the simple circle.

Mei stuck her tongue out, and looked up to the sky thinking, "What kind of fire would appear in the air....?"

Jinhua sat on a fallen log and started to draw out the symbols in the sigil while Mei thought about it, "A mighty power that can crash down from the heavens and reign down hellfire." Jinhua commented, "That's your hint."

Redson glanced at the demoness, "I think that's giving more than a hint." He deadpanned.

Mei rubbed her chin, "A mighty power... crashing down... Crash... Crash..." Mei let out a loud gasp and whipped around towards Jinhua with a bright smile, "It's lightning!! It's gotta be!"

Redson finished the drawing sigil, "Took ya long enough." He leaned on his hip in a sassy wave of his hand.

Jinhua chuckled as she continued drawing out the final symbols around the rings and inner rings of the sigil, "Now, now, Redson. She's just starting and all this is total different field for her."

Redson rolled his eyes, "But it took her way too long to figure that out." He pulled out the spider venom with a devious smirk, "Moving on to greater things—! I, Redson, will bind the powers of the celestial artifacts with the Spider Queen's own venom! Save my father, and reforge the world as I see fit! HAHAHAHAHAHA—!!" He continued to cackle out his villainess laugh.

Mei smiled brightly at his statement with MK just behind her, "Red son! That was amazing!"

"Such a good hero speech."

Redson choked and started flailing his arms around aggressively, "Villain speech!" He flicked his red hair out of his face with a little blaze of fire from the snap of his finger, "And perhaps my best of all time—!"

Pigsy finally spoke up with Tang beside him and Sandy behind, "Okay! So what do we do know guys."

Redson pointed at everyone in the group besides Jinhua, who probably had more common sense in the field he was doing, "We do nothing. I add the ingredients in a precise order, you wouldn't be able to understand."

Jinhua then noticed MK was missing.

Mei then commented with a goofy grin, "Uhhh, there's only two more ingredients, Redson."

Jinhua felt the fur on her tail and ears bristle at the sight of MK holding the last two ingredients, "Wait—! Honey, let's not do that!"

"Aaaannnd. I already chucked them in!" He said with a smile.

Redson looked on in bafflement, "WHAAAAAAAT—!?"

A bright gold glow erupted from the cauldron, and sent a large blast from the mixture. The fog seems to immediately give everyone a reaction of hacking there lungs out at the distinct stingy odor.

Jinhua having heightened senses of smell and sight, held her sleeve above her nose to block out the pungent odor that erupted from the antidote, "Everyone alright?"

Tang and MK hurried over to the cauldron with happy faces and gasped at the silky gold color of the serum, "I think it worked!" The scholar commented.

MK hopped down from the stump and announced to the group, "Alright! Time to take this fight back to the Spider Queen and end this nightmare once and for all!" He pumped a fist.

"How?" Pigsy already had a complaint, "Those spider people aren't just gonna line up and ask for a sip." He crossed his arms with a frown.

Tang rubbed his chin with furrowed brows, "And even if they did, are we forgetting about Spider Queen? She defeated the Monkey King! Aren't you..."

MK smiled at them reassuringly, "We'll find a way! We always do."

Sandy then raised a hand, "I might have an idea!" He then rummaged through his large ginger beard, with concerning noises like chickens. He pulled out a small remote and clicked a pink button.

Jinhua glanced back at the hovercraft and noticed considerable changes. Mostly more added weaponry and multiple canons.

Mei seemed the most excited, "AWWWWWYEAH!!"

MK's smile brightened, "This... We might have a chance."

With that, everyone loaded up on the hovercraft and launched off the Fruit Mountain and towards Metropolis City.

Jinhua stared out the window with a almost nervous smile flickering on her face.

Hopefully Macaque and Ren are still okay...