Chapter 21: Grieving

Attention: Suicide topic further in the chapter!

Third POV

The following day after the doppelgangers' attack at Camp Half-Blood, the entire Greek world was grieving the death of their friend and savior, Percy Jackson. The news of his death traveled around the world like wildfire. This caused the monsters and evil deities to start making plans in destroying the Olympians after their hero's death. 

Every single camper, Greek and Roman, Amazonian, Hunter, nature spirit, cyclops, satyr, and deity(Apollo had become an Olympian once again), was present at Percy's funeral at Olympus. The funeral took place in Olympus' throne room with the gods taking care of the ceremony. No one had died that day besides the legendary son of Poseidon. 

Poseidon and Hestia were in shambles due to the death of their son. Greek campers were in tears and the ones who personally knew Percy were sobbing and crying while bowing to their fallen leader. Roman campers were in formation bowing to their ex-praetor and savior. Amazonians and Hunters were in silence and bowed in respect to the greatest man of all time, the one who lead them to victory twice in a row while still being his true self. Nature spirits and satyrs were bowing and shedding tears of grief at the loss of one of the protectors of nature. The cyclopses were silent and did the honor guard for their fallen prince and brethren. The gods and goddesses of the council were bowing to their fallen heroes. Last but definitely the most shocking and saddest look was Artemis. The ex-goddess was bowing at the foot of her deceased boyfriend as she was sobbing. She had taken it the worst of all after finally being happy for half a year with the love of her life and being taken away from her. 

"Everyone, we are here today to see part the greatest of all. The savior of Olympus and all of humanity. The one who accomplished what no one else had even dared to try. Were are here to pay our respect to our fallen hero, Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon, and Sally Jackson, adopted son of Hestia, and the hero of Olympus," Athena started the ceremony as she was the most composed of everyone present. 

"Perseus Jackson started in this world as any other lost demigod who didn't know about their family. He defeated the minotaur at 12 years old after he believe that the monster had killed his mother. Perseus went to the underworld to retrieve his mother and Zeus' lightning bolt with nothing else besides his sword and two friends. He fought the chimera, Echidna, and medusa, ventured into the lair of the Lotus-eaters, and ventured into the underworld within 10 days. He then confronted and defeated Ares, the god of war in a duel for Hades Helm of Darkness. Perseus accomplished all of these achievements and prevented the war between his father Poseidon and Zeus," Athena stated.

Athena went over every single one of Percy's quests since he arrived at camp. Many of the new campers, hunters, and Amazonians who didn't know of him were shocked at what the son of Poseidon had done by the age of 16. Venturing into the labyrinth and the sea of monsters and coming out alive was a feat of its own, but fighting and bringing the King of the Titans to a standstill was another thing. When Athena reached the end of the quest against Gaea, everyone was even more shocked. Hearing about him becoming a praetor in one week, journeying to Alaska to save Thanatos and killing Alcyoneus, returning to Camp Jupiter and killing Polybotes, crossing the Atlantic Ocean, traveling through Tartarus, fighting the giants at Rome, and finally killing Gaea himself was even more shocking than before. 

"Now, my sister Artemis will take over to recount the events that took place over their time in the new prophecy," Athena announced and everyone turned to look at Artemis.

The sight that everyone was greeted once they looked at Artemis was a shocking one, even more to the hunters. She had her eyes red and puffy from crying all night long and the entire ceremony. Her hair was almost a rats' nest but she couldn't care. Her cheeks had tears rolling off of them. Her lips were apart and quivering as she tried to control her sobbing.