End of Arch 1- Chapter 15:

Artemis POV

As we made our way back to the cabin my heart couldn't stop pumping so hard the entire time. Never would've thought that I would have such a reaction to a simple kiss with a male. But this male was Percy Jackson, the greatest male in the history of existence. 

After thousands of years of ignoring and killing males, I was finally able to find one who is more than worthy of anybody. And to my luck, I am holding hands with him on our way to rest after confessing our feelings for each other. This entire day was full of surprises and emotions

Having to fight a battle without Percy made everybody have low hopes. Just after defeating the first wave, everyone was happy until the Leviathan appeared almost killing us. However, Percy appeared at the right moment to save us like the true hero he is. The fighting that took place between Percy and the Leviathan was unlike anything I have ever seen in my entire immortal and mortal life. Almost becoming immortal again and leaving behind Percy and the opportunity to feel love at least once in my life made me almost have a mental breakdown. But things took a turn for the better after convincing my father about staying mortal to fight by Percy's side. Even better, we kissed at the beach under the moon, a place that represents both of us. 

We reached the cabin and decided to refresh ourselves before going to sleep. Percy took a shower while I just changed clothes since I had a shower like two hours ago. He came out of the shower in a plain white t-shirt and blue shorts. He came up to me and gave me a peck on the cheek, which made me blush. 

"Can I tell you a little secret?" Percy asked, to which I nodded. "I just learned right now that I can feel when you blush. I believe it's because of the water in your blood that I can feel when your blood concentrates in your cheeks." Percy admitted, which made me blush even more. 

"So you didn't know before right now?" I tried to sound curious and not act like a deer caught in a car's headlights. "No I didn't know before right now, but I will know when you blush from here on." He smiled. I couldn't help myself but smiled too and approached him. Once we were inches apart I let my emotions take control and wrapped my arms around his neck and give him a sweet and loving kiss. He returned it with just the same amount of affection and grabbed me by my waist before laying us down on his bed, never breaking our kiss until the need for oxygen was necessary. 

I hugged him tighter and leaned my head into the crook of his neck. "Good night Kelpy." I whispered before letting my body shut down from all that had today. Before I lost consciousness I felt Percy smile into my hair before responding. "Goodnight to you too Arty." 

Time Skip

I woke up to a warm and protective feeling around my body. I opened my eyes and found myself wrapped in Percy's arms with my head laying on his right shoulder. For a moment I almost panic before yesterday's events came flooding through my mind. I couldn't help but smile at what happened last night at the beach. 

Looking up I saw how Percy's facial features showed relaxation for the first time. Not deciding to wake him up I just closed my eyes once again to fall asleep in the comfort of his arms. A smile never left my face, not remembering when was the last time that I felt so happy and relaxed. 

Just a couple of minutes later I felt Percy stirring from his sleep. I felt how he suddenly tensed but the next second he relaxed once again. I looked up to see him with a smile on his face that made my heart do somersaults. He gave me a peck on the lips which took my breath. I couldn't believe that a simple kiss would leave me breathless. A blush started creeping on my face and Percy chuckled at my reaction. 

"You know, I like the feeling of when you blush. It's something so different and pleasurable." He admitted, which just made me blush even harder. He chuckled even more at my reaction before pulling me up and giving me a proper kiss, not one of lust or need, but one of reassurance and love.