$H#T Hits the Fan - Part 2

Min Jun

It was nice being out with Juniper, even if we were out with others. As long as I was with Juniper, it really didn't matter, I was able to spend time with her. We were all sitting down looking over the menu, when Juniper's phone began to ring. At first I didn't pay attention to it, but I noticed she declined the call immediately. I didn't think much of it until after it rang again shortly after she declined the call; 'Mom" was displayed on the screen and Juniper declined the call again. I looked over to her and she looked at me and smiled. I figured she knew what she was doing, she knew her mother more than I. Suddenly it rang again, and I paid attention to her again.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything is good." She replied. I didn't want to push the issue. I just figured whatever is going on between her and her mother she would explain later, however I was concerned because she kept calling.

"Is that your mother calling? Are you ignoring your mother?" I asked. I completely understand when your parents can get on your nerves but it seemed as though her mother was really trying to get in touch with her as it may be urgent.

"Yeah, I really don't want to talk to her right now." Juniper said as her phone rang again.

"She's been calling me Juniper. I haven't answered the phone either. And you know your mother knows I know where you are." Chanel said. I looked at Juniper and she looked defeated. She really didn't want to answer the phone call.

"Go take the call, she might need to tell you something." I said as I moved out of the way for her to leave the table.

"I'll just be a minute. Can you order for me please?" She asked as she grabbed her coat and headed out the restaurant.

"That is going to be one hell of a phone call." Chanel said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Well, Juniper and her mother don't really see eye to eye on a few things. Her relationships being one of them."

"Really?" I responded.

"Yes. Her mother is kind of superficial and she believes that everyone should have a second chance, even if they are the ones that have done the wrong in the first place. She's always given her opinion about who Juniper should date or what type of man she should be with."

"I see." I said looking down. I think I should have stayed out of that situation. I shouldn't have suggested she speak with her mother without knowing all of the details.

"I would suggest that you go out there and save her in a few minutes." Chanel said. The waitress came over to the table to take our order.

"What do you mean save her?" I asked after I placed our order.

"You need to go out there and support her, because I guarantee that conversation will not be a pleasant one."

"Oh." I replied. Everyone was a bit quiet at the table after hearing this information. I liked Chanel as she was a true friend to Juniper. She knew exactly what she needed in her time of need.

"I would give her about 5 more minutes, then go and save her." She stated.

"You don't think she would be upset that I came out to check on her?" I asked.

"Not at all. Most likely she's out there screaming at the top of her lungs right now trying to talk to her mother. Her mother is absolutely clueless, sorry to say, but she is. She will always try to tell Juniper what she should do in anything she does. She's one of the reasons why she moved here, to get as far away from her as possible. Well, her and other things that she was dealing with." Chanel stated. I became concerned. I didn't want her outside screaming, especially a private conversation that should not be heard by others.