🌄 December 18, 20XX: Memories 🌄

"It's time, isn't it?" Aoi asked as we walked to the location from where the portal had dropped us off.

"Sure seems that way. I still didn't expect them to send a letter, though..." Dan poked it with a stick.

"There can't be any exploding letters in this universe, r-right?" Kiyoshiro looked terrified at that.

"Well, back home, we did have Howlers, but-"

"Liang, don't scare poor Kiyo."

"How do I scare pe- Ah never mind," the Buddyfighter sighed upon seeing Kiyoshiro limp on the ground with Angoramon carrying him. "Are we there yet?"

"Soon," I answered while walking ahead. 

"I'm more surprised that you've been here before, Eos," Dad remarked. "Was it before you met Mei?"

"After... I met Pumpmon." I felt my heartbeat pick up a bit as I remembered what I had done. "Before I met Hiro and the others when I was trying to kill Shiramon. ... sorry about that."

"Water under the bridge," Shiramon said with a sheepish smile. "We don't hold ill will, Eos."

"True. It's not your fault that you were used. Who WAS the person who commissioned you in the first place, anyway?" Gulus kicked a pebble, which Solisamon gently smacked his head for. "Oww!"

"No hurt nature!"

"Yeah, don't hurt nature."

"Why is the fish-lover joining in?"

"I am nature lover as well," was his dry response. 

We all snorted, but I sighed. "I... don't actually know."

"Huh?!" Everyone froze up. 

"Has no one heard of anonymous assassinations to keep the client anonymous?" I sighed. "It's a thing. I would use an app to keep track of the requests and all that, but after Pump died I deleted it off the face of the earth."

"What's the name of the app? Maybe we can track it down," Dad offered. 

"It's... it's something with two marks on it..." My head began to ache again. "Ugh..."

"Don't force yourself," Gami chided while supporting me. "You already said you couldn't remember much right?"

"It's more than just that... it feels like, ever since Pump died, I got amnesia as well," I said while rubbing my neck. "Not a pleasant feeling..."

"Maybe whoever commissioned you wanted you to forget about it? Could it have been the Evil QueenChessmon had been referring to?" Reiji frowned. They had informed me of what had happened so I was pretty up to speed on things. 

"To protect themselves, no doubt. But why kill Digimon? Why kill RobinHoodmon, MusosIatreiamon and the rest?" Jazamon asked.

"Did they also commission you to kill humans, Eos?" Benton then asked. 

"I... I think so." I looked down. "I remember my request list involved humans and Digimon. I remember killing them with my own gun or Boltmon."

"For the humans, you killed them with your own gun... but back then you were 17 so you could, at the very least, be charged with juvenile detention," Semo-sensei frowned. 

"And I'm willing to go through with it after all this."

"You're what?..."

"Once the investigation shows that I'm corrupted, most probably they can use this to put me in jail. I won't pretend I didn't do them. Plus, Hiro is in good hands once Mei comes back."