The mistake

You and Lesso haven't talked since that night a few weeks ago. You were actually pretty sad. You missed talking to her. You didn't see her at breakfast, lunch or dinner. You weren't sure if you just didn't see her or she wasn't there. Either way, you were concerned and you missed her. You took a seat at the table and just then Dovey sat next to you.

"You have to talk to Lesso, she's even worse than normal and she's barely even eating." Dovey explained. You felt bad, maybe you should have stayed that night.

"I don't know what to say Dovey, she said I was too much to deal with." You told her. She looked at you.

"I don't think she'd ever think that. She looks happier with you. Look just try to go and talk to her. Just to make sure she's okay." Dovey asked. You agreed and so after dinner you made your way to the other school. As you walked inside you could feel all the eyes on you. You walked to Lesso's office and knocked but didn't receive an answer. You opened the door and discovered that no one was inside.

"Oh come on Lesso, where are you." You whispered to yourself. You walked around the hall and asked one of the students where lady Lesso's room was. She looked quite scared when you mentioned the dean but brought you to her room. Once she left you knocked on the door but once again you didn't receive an answer. You opened the door and found her in her bed with the covers over her.

"Go away." She said. Her voice sounded hoarse and you felt really bad for not checking on her sooner.

"Lesso? It's me y/n." You announced. You sighed and walked around the bed to face her as she was with her back to you. You crouched down se you were at her eye level.

"I told you to go away." She said aggressively. You'd never seen her like this.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have walked away that night, it's just that, I thought you'd be better of that way. Seeing as I was too much to deal with." You explained. She sat up and it was now that you could see how weak she actually looked. She lost a lot of weight due to not eating or not eating enough, her eyes were red and puffy and the sparkle you once saw was now completely gone. It hurt you to see her like that. "I should've checked on you sooner and I'm sorry I didn't." You said.

"Wait you thought I said you were too much to deal with? I meant my students. When you walked away I thought you hated me. I sound so stupid." She chuckled bitterly. You sighed softly.

"No you you don't. Everyone has feeling, you were hurt and you're allowed to show that. I'm sorry that I hurt you, I should've talked to you instead of walking away and I'm so sorry I didn't." You apologized. The redhead shook her head.

"It's alright, you're not the only one who made a mistake." She said. Just then she yawned. You chuckled.

"I should let you go to sleep, you're clearly tired. Goodnight Red." You said. You started walking out when she suddenly caught your hand.

"Stay please?" She asked. You'd never seen her so small and fragile. You stopped and nodded your head.

"I don't have anything to wear tho." You said. "I can quickly go get something in my room though?" You suggested. She shook her head.

"You can use something from me. It's in the middle drawer." She said, referring to her dresser. You opened it and got something out. "You can change in the bathroom." She told you, gesturing to the door. You changed and came out after a minute or two.

It was a bit big for you seeing as she was a little taller

It was a bit big for you seeing as she was a little taller. "You look good in that." She said. You blushed a little and got in bed on the other side. "Goodnight princess." She said tiredly.

"Goodnight Lesso." You said and lay down. You let sleep consume you and drifted into a peaceful slumber.

When you woke up again you had to think a little before you remembered what happened yesterday. You looked to where lady Lesso was sleeping. She looked so peaceful. Seeing as it was almost time to eat you had to wake her up, much to your dismay.

"Lesso, hey it's time for breakfast." You said softly. She didn't wake up at first but when you started drawing light patterns on her back, she stirred awake. "Morning sunshine." You teased.

"Morning princess." She said. She stretched and yawned and eventually looked over to you. "Did you sleep okay?" She asked.

""I did." You replied. "Did you?" You asked. She nodded. "That's good. Now I have to get ready." You got up and waved your hand. Your finger glowed. Suddenly you had a dress on and the pyjama was neatly folded on her bed.

Lesso stared at you for a moment before speaking

Lesso stared at you for a moment before speaking. "You really got this whole magic thing under control huh?" She teased. "You look beautiful." She said.

"Thank you. Now get in something comfortable and go to your office, I'll be there in ten." You said. She looked confused. "I'll bring breakfast with me, that way we can get you back into your routine. We'll go at your pace." You assured. She sighed and looked thankful. Then she got up to get ready while you went to get breakfast. As you were filling her plate with all different kinds of food Dovey came to you.

"So how did it go?" She asked with a smile.

"It was okay, we made up and now I'm bringing her breakfast." You said. She looked confused. "She's in bad shape, so I thought we'd ease her back into her routine instead of dumping it all on her." You explained. Dovey looked pleased and let you get back to it. Once you were done you went to Lesso's office and knocked. You opened the door and gave her her breakfast. She looked unsure but you encouraged her to take her first bite. The two of you sat in her office until she ate everything. You looked at her with a smile. " I'm so proud of you, you know." You said.

"Why? I didn't even do anything." She said confused.

"You let me help you and you just ate everything on your plate. What's not to be proud of?" You told her. She looked at you and you noticed the tired look on her eyes. "Do you want to get back to bed? You can rest some more." You suggested. She nodded and you helped her back to her bed. "Now I have to go teach a class, or what's left of it but after I'll be back and I'll bring lunch at noon okay?" You said. She nodded and closed her eyes again. You walked out and quickly went to you classroom to teach your classes.