Many Men, Wish Death On Me

Legend

Legend

     Today felt just like any other day working, the hate in my heart was kept me pushing. Often my mind would trail off and I think about Skye. Does she hate me for just leaving like that? I hope she didn't take it to heart, I hope she knows if I can I will come back. After that beat down De Paul provided with the help of Mouse and his crew, it only wanted me to swing harder at this takedown. But if I go down swinging, I don't want her to get caught up in the mix. But I fucked up regardless, and now, this nigga knows about her.

     "Legend, what you waiting around for? Pop this nigga?" Vick shouted. I have shot a gun before in self-defense. But never at nigga gagged and bound just literally, being a sitting target.

     "Nothing personal," I said, squeezing the trigger. Aiming just slightly below the heart, I don't think the bullet killed him just yet, but he definitely will fade soon. De Paul watched the entire execution go down. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't back down.

     "Seems as though we have a virgin on our hands, is this your first body, son?"
Admitting to the question. "Yes."

     "Congratulations, you just earned your first count of first degree murder. I'll make sure you'll have plenty more kills for you to come. You are not quite ready for war yet. But don't worry, you'll get there."

     As De Paul strolled out the building, Vick and I stayed behind. "You need to come quick on the trigger. How you going to react when you finally get that nigga on the other side of the gun?"

     "Nah, that's different. There won't be no hesitation when I'm face to face with him." I responded.

     "I don't like what he got cooking up, you might be heading to see a lot more guts than a butcher for what he had planned for you."

     "Man, I'll do what I have to do, but I'm just not about killing somebody innocent. I shot at people before who shot at me, but I didn't stick around to see them drop. Only reason why I started selling is for the money, nothing more."

     "Oh, boys, one more thing." De Paul entered the room we were in. "That little rendezvous I had set up for Thursday, it's been pushed up for today. At 8 o'clock, I will be the number one drug lord in Philly soon to take over the whole damn state. Be at the Exxon gas station, you better not be late, I need my strongest out there." De Paul left once more out the door.

     "Fuck, man, we not ready for this. How the fuck we going to pull this off today?" Vick noted.

     "Well, shit, we need to be as ready as we going to be, tonight has to be the night. If all goes well we won't have to use Plan B."

     "Plan A is weak, but I damn sure hope the shit work out for the best. We didn't even think this one through all the way. How are we going to walk away innocent when the FBI show up for his ass if we in the car?"