No Tellin'

Skye

Skye

     "Are you okay?" Kyree asked.

     I couldn't bring myself to ask my mother when she got home was it true. Shit, she was out looking for me a new daddy with pockets as deep as the blue sea, so why should I not believe in it? My problem with her, is that a man she claimed she loved, and was crying boo hoo for at his funeral, died six months ago. Not a year, not three, not four, but six, months ago! While the rest of us were crying over a loved one, you was torn up over the zeros you weren't going to see in your bank account.

     "I'm good." I replied.

     Kyree continued to kiss on my neck. Him and I have a weird relationship. We are in no way, shape, or form, together, just have casual sex. Don't need to go into details about dick size, once you seen one, you seen them all. I really like the fact that, even after sex, we can go right back to being friends. It's never awkward between us and neither one of us steps on eggshells when we're around each other.
It's just real, and right now, that's all I want. I haven't been touched in a while and I know my body wants it, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. The only thing on my mind is betrayal and I can thank my mother for that.

     "I can't do this if you're not into it, what's the problem?" He asked, again.

     "I need to ask you something personal, I understand if you say no, but I really need your help."

     I can't let my mother be the reason we all start falling apart one by one, if she wants to get out of the projects, fine. But nobody around here is going to be sucking dick just to get out! Looking down, I can tell my father is rolling in his grave right now. I'll do what I have to in order to make enough to get us out, maybe even move the fuck out of Manhattan, New York. Believe me, I love my city. I've just about seen it all, but I can't let my mother do herself like that and I don't have time to watch my brothers live the same life as our dad.

     "What is it?"

     "I wouldn't ask if I didn't need it, but I'm desperate."

     "What the hell is it, Skye?"

      "I need you to run with me, I'll give you some off the top, but I need everybody I can get. We can make our own shit, I already have some of my father's connections. We can make this work!"

     "Are you fucking crazy? Why would you want to do something like this?"

     "Never mind why, are you going to do it or not?"

     "No, if you were smart, you wouldn't do it either. Nothing positive comes from this shit, in no time, you'll be just like your pops, 6ft. under. What use are you going to be to anybody then?"

     I pushed him back off me on the couch as I rose up. "Don't disrespect my father like that again! I'll get by on my own, without you!"

     As I headed for the door, Kyree grabbed on to my hand. "I'm not trying disrespect your family. I get it, you lost everything, but selling drugs isn't going to get you back there to those good times. I'm sorry to be blunt, Skye, but you don't have the skills, you going to get yourself killed. Stop fucking trying to avoid it and embrace it, this is your life now. Welcome to the rats, the shitty apartments, and piss in the hallway. Be happy that after all that shit you still have a pot to piss in, cause many of us don't!"