28. Star Of Doom

In a very spacious room, candelabra were positioned in an organized fashion, giving the room a sufficient illumination. A mighty orrery stood somewhere at the centre. In the cold and windy night, an aviating owl hooted across the sky.

By means of magery, an old sage giving off an unspeakable aura manipulated the orrery with a complicated look on his face. He tilted his head and dilated his eyes in terror. The orrery produced a rotor-like sound while it spun slowly. The aged man stopped the supernatural process by dropping his hand and fell into a sullen state of deep thought.

Among the mapping of the stars, a single star could be seen sparkling with peculiarity while the other cardinal stars were relatively dim.

This sage was not just anybody but a respected personality- the master of constellations and state preceptor of Liz. He dedicated his life to seclusion and celibacy in order to master the last stage of magery.

The state preceptor was a one man army. Hence, the princes of Dawcane dared not make a rash move.

His servant who stood beside him gawped at the expression made by his master. Obviously, all wasn't well.

"This is bad! This is bad!" The state preceptor blurted. He gazed upward frantically and sighed. Being a nationalist, any forthcoming danger or ominous sign threatening the prosperity of Liz would be greatly frowned at, calling for immediate alertness. The very confused servant enquired from the old man out of curiosity.

"Master, is there a problem?" The aged man was silent for a long while before finally responding.

"According to the constellation, the dragon star have been overshadowed. It's in line with the prophecy that was spoken some time ago. It's the star of doom. It's a sinister sign. Before Gusloe's lese-majesty, the dragon star been the astrological symbol of the Freydor dynasty. Now that it is slowly diminishing, we can't fold our arms and do nothing." After hearing his word, the servant could only panic. If a powerful person as the state preceptor could show shock then who was he?

"Does it mean that the four gods of the wind worshipped by the eastern province is about to avenge on us?" His eyes were like saucers as he stared at his master like a moron. "But this regime seems to be blessed, the third prince just returned with victory from the south. It means a disaster is ahead." The perturbed servant finished.

"His Majesty can conquer anywhere but the east. Get me my staff. We're going to the palace."

"Yes."

The old mage was helped into his sedan chair that was granted to him by the king himself and carried away.

As usual, king Elead was playing with his knight effigy, having fun with his bow and arrows. Few minutes later, Prince Mo entered prompting the king to take a rest from his activity. He walked up to a chair and began to clean his bow with a neat towel. Mo observed the formality and then spoke up.

"The bronze seal have been retrieved." King Elead's eyes were trained on his bow while he cleaned with enthusiasm as if he heard nothing. He only spoke half a beat later.

"Mm. Congratulations my son." He wasn't surprised at all. He was usually the first to know of any slight movement or shift occuring in Sueve.

Mo had so many questions to ask his father regarding to what Cinan said prior to the battle. He needed to clear his doubt. King Elead of course was expectant. The death of Count Cinan and everything that occured at Fense was plain and unembellished for Mo, so it was only natural for him to be inquisitive.

King Elead broke the embarrassing silence, paving way for a possible deluge of questions from his son.

"Now that you have the seal with you, you've made an accomplishment. People will no longer doubt you. " He said as he wiped his bow slowly. Mo had been given the headstart so he acted capriciously to offload his thoughts.