10 | "Shower with me."

Start from the beginning

"Well, i'll be in our bed love, join me when you're done." She turns to Vincenzo, playing with his suit jacket. Vincenzo turns to look at me and then I turn my head away.

I feel hurt. Vincenzo knew this would happen. I let it happen. He let it happen, and now the only person hurt is me. Vincenzo says nothing. Cecilia walks with her hips swaying, up the stairs and into their bedroom. He then turns to me.

I turn around, about to walk away. Until I hear his soft beautiful voice that always seemed to warm me up, but now, it makes me feel disgust. "Gabriella." He said softly. His voice sounded so unfamiliar. I stopped and closed my eyes.

Let it go.

I turn my head so that he can only see the side of my face. I shake my head slowly and I walk away. I can feel his stare burning through me but I keep on walking back to the front room, feeling a sting in my chest.

After the movie was over, I picked Isabella's sleeping figure up off of the couch and walked her to her bedroom. I lay her softly on her bed and tuck her in under warm blankets, making sure to give her a light peck on her forehead.

Her mother is missing out on something beautiful, someone beautiful. Isabella is absolutely amazing. I wonder where she goes, what she does causing her to not spend time with her daughter, unless she just doesn't want to. I stare at Isabella a bit longer and smile.

I stand up and walk out of her bedroom, closing the door behind me. I halt a bit when I hear Cecilia's loud voice from Vinc—their bedroom. "You don't even touch me anymore Vince." She spoke. "Shower with me." I heard her plead.

I didn't hear a single word from Vincenzo. "Do you have someone else?" Cecilia asked, she sounded shocked. I heard Vincenzo growl. "Jesus Christ woman, no, there's no one else." he replied to her.

Of course there's no one else. You're so dumb Gabriella. Deciding that I had heard enough, I make my way to my bedroom. I showered and got into bed immediately. I picked up my phone and decided to give my father a call.

All I heard was ringing, no one picked up. I sighed and put the phone down on the nightstand next to my bed. I spoke to my father yesterday and he assured me that everything was okay, but I still felt worried.

Vincenzo probably joined her in the shower. Who am I kidding, that's his wife, the mother of his child. He's known her way longer than me so why am I feeling this way? It's all my fault. My eyelids grew heavy and I realised how tired my body was, I drifted off to sleep with a heavy heart.

᯽᯽᯽

After Vincenzo and I's encounter a week ago— when he held a gun to my head and threatened me, I still don't see him differently and I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

We haven't spoken for a few days now. Whenever we would walk past each other, his gaze consumes me. I feel stupid, but I miss speaking to him, I miss his silly and dirty comments that always managed to make my stomach in a knot and my face heat up.

I'm seated in the kitchen, eating breakfast. Isabella is with her tutor so I have a bit of time to myself. My phone made a noise on the kitchen counter, indicating that I received a message. I grabbed my phone and read it.

Unknown:

Still up for that dinner? I'll pick you up, tonight, 7?

- Leo

I was shocked to hear from him, but kind of glad too, I actually need some time away from this house. I replied to his message. 'Perfect.' Where did he get my number anyways?

"It might storm tonight." Came a husky voice from behind me and I turn to see Vincenzo leaned over with his eyes on my phone screen. I scoffed and turned around again so that my back was facing him and my phone turned away from his intruding eyes.

"I'll take my chances." I whispered, rolling my eyes. "Gabriella." The way he said my name had me clenching my legs together. "Look at me." he demanded. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in.

I turned around, my eyes meeting his. I forgot how handsome he is. How my hands ran through his perfectly styled hair. I involuntarily clenched my legs together at the sight of him. We stared at each other for a while.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked, watching me intensely. "Incase you have forgotten, but you have a wife." I whispered. My voice sounding broken. He turned his head, a look of guilt on his face.

"Whatever this was, is done." I said looking straight at him. Pointing between him and myself. I hopped off of the chair and made my past him. Before I could make my way out of the kitchen, he grabbed me by my wrist and I was pushed into his hard chest. I turned to look at him with an annoyed look.

"You know that 'whatever this is' will never end." he repeated my words with a smug look okay his face that made my blood boil. "We're attracted to each other and you know it, so just give in baby." he whispered in my ear.

I scoffed and ripped my arm from his grip. "Don't ever touch me." I seethed and stormed out of the kitchen. The nerve that man has. I was so angry that I didn't notice someone heading my way and smashed right into them. I looked up. "I wanted a hug, but I guess that'll do." Leo chuckled.

I gave him a sorry look and opened my arms for a hug. "What's gotten you so riled up?" He asked. "Your brother." I said blankly, sighing. He chuckled and gave me an understanding look. "I know what you mean, don't let him get to you." Leo said.

I nodded. "So that dinner, tonight?" he asked. "Yeah, I need it." I smiled. Before Leo could reply I heard Vincenzo clear his throat behind me, interrupting Leo and I again. Leo looked past me to Vincenzo. "Aah, brother." Leo greeted. "I think you know where my office is." Vincenzo said in a husky tone.

Leo shook his head. "See you later." He told me and walked past me, not before brushing his fingers along mine. I turned to give Vincenzo a boring look. "Do not forget that you work for me Gabriella." Vincenzo said, looking at me seriously. "I am your boss, and you will take my orders." He finished, his jaw clenched.

I gulped. How could I forget? Vincenzo is my boss which just made things a whole lot worse for me. I nodded my head at his double meaning. He turned around and walked to his office. What's so wrong with going out with his brother? Vincenzo is now using his position against me, against Leo.

I sighed and walked to my room. Deciding that I need a break away, I call an old friend that lives near by. "Hey Casey, wanna meet up for coffee?" I asked. After she said agreed and we discussed a location, I went downstairs and told Rose to inform Vincenzo that i'll be gone for a little while.

I threw on my coat and exited the mansion, walking down the street to the coffee shop. It feels good to be away from Vincenzo for a while, and I feel like I can finally breathe.

__________

The wife is here.

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to vote and comment.