04 | "I'll miss you."

╔════════╗
❀  Gabriella  ❀
╚════════╝

I woke up at 5 am just to make sure I wouldn't be late for my first day. When I heard a ping noise from my phone, alerting me that I got a message, I quickly grabbed the phone and read it.

Unknown:

Miss Martinez, a driver will be outside your apartment to pick you up at 7:30 am and drop you off at the Salvatore mansion.

- Esmé Williams (Mr. Salvatore's PA)

I was a bit shocked to see the words on my screen. How does he know where I live? However, I wasn't going to complain about the free ride. I continued walking into the front room.

I stopped when I spotted my father behind the kitchen counter making himself a cup of coffee. "Morning dad." I greeted, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Oh! Good morning princess." I was just about to leave. Before he could make his way past me, i blocked him. "I think we need to talk." I said. My father looked at me in confusion and shrugged while taking a seat by the kitchen counter.

"What is it?" he asked curiously with furrowed brows. "I'm moving out." A shocked expression took over his features. I continued "I went for an interview yesterday and I got the job but it requires me to move in permanently." He hummed in acknowledgment. "So what about the apartment?"

"I'll still pay the rent for the apartment dad, you have no where else to go." I said. He sighed. "You don't need to do this all the time Gabriella." Gabriella, not princess. "I can take care of myself, you need to go and make a life for yourself without worrying about others." My father always tells me those words. Stop worrying about others.

That just isn't in my nature. My mother raised me to be a caring person. If I know that I could help someone who needed it, why wouldn't I just help them? "This isn't up for discussion dad. I'm leaving today. I'll ask Richie to check up on you everyday." He rolled his eyes. "That is not necessary." He said like a child.

"As I said dad, not up for discussion." I walked out of the front room and into my room to freshen up before it was time to leave. I switched the shower on and stripped of my clothes.

I lathered my body with body wash and after my delightful shower, I did my daily facial routine. I decided to wear a skinny jeans and a strapped t-shirt. The t-shirt overexposes my breasts a little bit too much, but I really don't have time to change.

"Ella! There's someone waiting for you outside the building!" My dad shouted from the front room. I quickly shuffled my hair up a bit to bring out some more of my natural curls.

I grabbed my suitcase and walked to the front room. "Okay dad. Remember, no friends over at the apartment." I said while giving him a warning look.

He snorted "Sometimes I feel like i'm the child and you're the parent here." he said. I rolled my eyes playfully and made my way up to him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you so much." I said softly, trying to hold back my tears. I have never been away from my father and now all of a sudden i'm moving into a whole different space.

"I'll miss you too princess." My father said, squeezing me tightly. I backed away a bit, "Okay, so don't forget to lock up every time you leave the house." I said. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." my father replied, rolling his eyes.