10 | "Shower with me."

╔════════╗
❀  Gabriella  ❀
╚════════╝

I ignored Vincenzo for a full two days now. Besides the fact that he was either gone for business or always in his office, I still chose to avoid him.

I did my job and looked after Isabella. I wouldn't describe it like that exactly, I enjoy Isabella's presence and getting paid for spending time with her is a bonus for me.

I'm seated with Isabella on the couch in the front room. We're watching Frozen, covered in blankets and munching on popcorn. "I like Elsa." Isabella squealed. I smiled at her and turned my attention back to the screen.

Isabella started coughing, and I helped her sit up. "It's probably the popcorn, i'll get you some water okay?" I stood up and covered her with the blanket again, walking towards the kitchen.

Before I entered, I heard voices and I stopped. "What do you want from me Cecilia?" I heard Vincenzo sigh. Cecilia? "But you said we'd talk about it Vince." I heard a feminine voice. My face curling at the use of the nickname she had given him.

"We wouldn't want my father to know that you haven't been keeping up your end of the deal, now would we?" She continued. It sounded like some sort of threat. I felt like I was eavesdropping on something I shouldn't have.

"Fine, One more chance Cecilia, I won't hesitate to kick your ass out of my house if you decide to act like a whore again." Vincenzo growled. I was shocked. Cecilia must be Vincenzo's wife. Isabella's mother.

"That's why I love you husband, we can finally be a family again." The woman replied. I felt a sting to my chest. I knew this would happen and yet I still allowed myself to get close to Vincenzo. Too close.

I turned away and decided to walk back to the front room. Before I could turn away from the kitchen entrance, I felt a presence behind me. His presence. "Gabriella." My name slipped off his tongue so smoothly, I never wanted to hear him stop saying it.

But at this moment, I didn't want to hear it from him at all.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Don't fall for it. I turned around and smacked a fake smile onto my face. "Mr. Salvatore." I greeted, batting my eyelashes. "I was just on my way to get Isabella a glass of water." I breathed.

He raised his brows at my use of his surname. He nodded his head slowly and dragged his eyes over my body. I felt my body warm up under his gaze. He licked his bottom lip and his beautiful eyes met mine again. He looked at me with a look I couldn't recognise.

We stood there, staring at each other for a long time before someone squeezed their way, from the kitchen, past Vincenzo. The woman Vincenzo was talking to— Cecilia, appeared into my view. She was stunning, might I add.

She has blonde hair, and ocean blue eyes. Long, long eyelashes and thick red lipstick. She sat her hand on her hip and stared at me with a questioning look. Can she even see through those thick eyelash extensions?

"And who are you?" She questioned, raising a brow. I didn't miss the attitude. "Cec—" Vincenzo starts but I beat him to it. "I'm Gabriella, your daughter's nanny." I say with a tight smile. She eyed me and then nodded. We all stayed silent while she threw daggers at me with her eyes.