42. Need to pick your brother, Again? - Part 1

Marinette and Tim were sitting in a small cafe in Gotham. Tim had asked Marinette out on a date a few days ago. He was ecstatic when she agreed and decided on a small but nice cafe on the better side of Gotham. Now they were sitting across from each other and she was giggling at something he had said. Marinette gave him a shy smile as she took a sip of coffee. Suddenly his phone started pinging like crazy and he sent her an apologetic glance. He picked up his phone and called someone as Marinette watched curiously.

"Do I have to be there?" she heard him mutter, her heart dropped when she realised he might have to leave half way.

"But I'm in the middle of something, please," Tim tried. Finally he sighed and hung up.

"I'm really sorry Mari but there seems to be an emergency, I promise to make it up to you. How does next Saturday sound?" He asked.

Mari smiled and held a thumbs up sign, he sent her another apologetic look as he grabbed his coat and raced out of the cafe. 'Wow, he sure seems to be in a rush!' Mari thought. She sighed and grabbed her own coat as she clutched her coffee in one hand and made her way out of the cafe.

------------In The Batcave after the mission---------

"Did you guys really need me, that wasn't that bad. I had to bail on my date."Tim asked while rolling his eyes

"Well, we expected there to be more, this seemed too easy" Damian replied while recalling the events of the last 30 mins.

"Why don't you ask your date whether she got home safe?" Dick suggested trying not to squeal at the fact that his baby brother had a date.

Tim sighed as he changed out of his Red Robin suit and trudged up the stairs. He pulled his phone out of his sweatpants pocket and unlocked it. He went to Marinette's contact and tried to come up with the right words.

------Mari's Apartment----------

Mari sighed as she laid down on her bed. She was sure excited for Saturday. Tim was one mysterious boy, he seemed genuinely sorry but refused to give a reason as to why he bailed. 'It was probably a family emergency, it's only one time.' she thought.

She laid in bed and thought about the cute coffee addict her heart seemed to flutter around as she drifted off to sleep.

-----TimeSkip to Saturday-----

Tim and Marinette were sitting at a small quiet restaurant, they were having their food while making small talk about school, social life, his brothers, literally everything and anything. She gave him a handmade handkerchief as a gift. It had cups of coffee on it and her initials were in the corner in gold.

 It had cups of coffee on it and her initials were in the corner in gold