Thinking to herself, Hailey started to question her behaviour and thoughts. Was she missing Jake? After everything he had put her through, did she really miss him? You would think that Hailey wouldn't miss him one bit and would instantly move on, but things have taken a different approach.

Hailey's eyes went a bit wide. She then realised that all the time she had spent in bed so far was of her scrolling through Jake's messages he sent her, looking at the pictures in her gallery that had her and Jake, and finally, reminiscing all the fun times her and Jake had together.

"No, no, no! Hailey, you can't be missing him! Remember what he did to you? He hurt you. He betrayed you. He's nothing but a backstabber. He's the reason why you're hurting right now. But if that's the case, why can't I stop thinking about him? Why do I feel sad at the fact that things between Jake and I will never be the same? Why is it so damn hard to imagine a life without him!?"

Hailey screamed at herself in her thoughts. Her eyebrows furrowed as she sat up from her bed, nearly slamming her phone down onto her bedside table angrily.

"Remember what he did to you. No more thinking about him, Hailey. Put the phone away. Jake is nothing but a two-faced jerk! Delete his contact, messages, and every picture that you have of him contained in your gallery if you have to. You don't need him in your life. Move on!"

Hailey groaned loudly after talking to herself mentally in her head. She flopped her body back onto her bedsheets, glaring up at the ceiling frustratingly.

"But why is it so hard for me to move on!?" Hailey began to yell. "I don't even understand myself anymore. A part of me wants to listen to what Jake has to say and wants to let him explain, but the other part of me is saying that I shouldn't. God, I'm an idiot! If I actually admit to myself that I am missing him, I'm done. If the others find out about this, they may think of me as a fool. Which honestly, I am.."

When he calls to me I am ready.
I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs.
Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain.
Even after three times he betrays me.

Suddenly, a knock was produced on Hailey's door which jumpscared her. She froze, praying that whoever is at the door didn't hear whatever she had just said to herself. Hailey raised her body up from the mattress, looking at her door.

"C-Come in.." Hailey mumbled, hoping it was loud enough for the person to hear. She succeeded, as her bedroom door was pushed open, allowing the person to trail inside.

"Hey, sis. You doing alright? I just came back from school.." It was Zander, Hailey's brother. He closed the door behind him and slowly began to walk over to his teal-haired sister with a soft grin.

"Oh, Zander! Hey...Yeah, I'm doing alright. Could be better though.." Hailey replied, watching Zander sit down across from her on the mattress. Their eyes locked with eachother's as Zander patted Hailey's palm with his own.

"I understand. It's hard, I know. You're not gonna believe it but, Jake actually came up to Luke and I again to try and talk to us. He asked for you too! Can you believe him!? The nerve of that guy...Don't worry, Hailey. I promise that douchebag will never hurt you again. Not if I can help it. As long as I'm around, he won't come near you. I'll protect you from his toxicity..Jake doesn't deserve someone as incredible as you.."

Zander smiled at his sister, rubbing her hand soothingly. Hailey gulped, avoiding his lavender-coloured eyes. "I-I guess.."

Zander raised an eyebrow at Hailey's response. "What do you mean you guess? Don't you believe me?"

"I do! Of course I do..It's just, I don't know.." Hailey stroked her neck, biting her lip.

"Hailey, you're confusing me. Surely you agree with everything I said about Jake? You want nothing to do with him, correct? You probably don't ever want to see him again, don't you?" Zander said, studying every expression Hailey showed on her face to catch onto any doubtful behaviour.

"Um, of course! You're right. He's toxic, manipulative, a-and a douchebag.." Hailey frowned after finishing her sentence.

"You don't sound so sure about that. Hailey, are you okay?" Zander asked, growing all the more suspicious.

"Yes! I'm just fine! Can we just drop this whole conversation about Jake?! I'm done talking about him!" Hailey exclaimed, taking Zander aback at her outburst.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking about him. You're right. Let's just forget about him..Erase him from our lives completely. It's for the best." Zander said softly, seeing Hailey nod her head nervously in agreement.

I'm just a holy fool.
Oh baby, it's so cruel.
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby.
I'm just a holy fool.
Oh baby, it's so cruel.
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby.

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh..
I'm in love with Judas, Judas.
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh..
I'm in love with Judas, Judas.

With that, Zander rubbed his sister's shoulder and then sat himself up from the bedsheets. He turned his head around and beamed warmly at Hailey. "I'll check up on you later, okay? I have some homework to do. Try not to think too much about things, alright? It'll get you stressed. Don't think about the competition for now either. We'll figure something out soon enough with the rest of the band. Take it easy.."

Hailey weakly smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, Zander. I won't.."

Zander chuckled under his breath and met Hailey's grey eyes once more. "Everything is going to be just fine. I love you, Hailey.."

Hailey giggled a small bit and shot her brother a loving grin. "I love you more.."

Finally, Zander walked out of Hailey's bedroom, shutting the door afterwards. Hailey was all alone again like she was before. As soon as Zander was out of the room, Hailey sighed heavily to herself and collapsed back onto her bed. She clutched tightly onto her pillow, holding it close to her chest. A few tears were seen in her eyes before they soon fell, streaming down her rosy red cheeks.

"Jake..I don't know why, and I don't know how. But, I miss you. Goddamn it, I miss you. I want you in my life. I don't want to erase you from my memory, like you never existed. I loved being your friend. I loved being your bandmate. I loved being your singing partner. I can't forget about you. Even though you have betrayed my trust, I can't help myself. I'm still not even sure if I can ever trust you again but, this is how I feel. I miss you so much..I love you.."

-End-

~

AN: One more thing that I noticed in TMF Ep. 10. In Jake's contacts, look at Hailey's name! It has the princess emoji next to her name as a reference to the nickname Jake calls Hailey! AWWW MY JAILEY HEART 😭😭

 In Jake's contacts, look at Hailey's name! It has the princess emoji next to her name as a reference to the nickname Jake calls Hailey! AWWW MY JAILEY HEART 😭😭