Chapter 92

No one's POV

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-bashing Boomerangs."

"The full list of comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it." Dumbledore said as the corners of his mouth twitched.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the Forest in the grounds is out of bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year."

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

All Quidditch players were shocked to hear this.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy but I'm sure you will all enjoy it immensely, I have the great pleasure of announcing that this year at Hogwarts -"

But at the moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder, and the doors of the Great Hall banged open.

A man stood in the doorway with his arms crossed as those who knew him had their eyes wide.

"Man did I pick a bad day to not have an umbrella."

Every head in the Great Hall swivelled towards the stranger who was illuminated by a fork of lightning that flashed across the ceiling.

Technoblade stood there before he stood up straight as a grin spread onto his face.

His footsteps echoed through the Hall as he reached the staff table where he then walked towards Dumbledore.

Once Technoblade reached Dumbledore he held out his hand to him and Dumbledore shook his hand.

They exchanged words that no one could hear before Dumbledore nodded and gestured him to the empty seat on his right-side.

Technoblade sat down as he rested his arms behind his head before he yawned.

"May I introduce our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore said brightly into the silence.

"Professor Technoblade."

"Sup nerds." Technoblade greeted lazily as he smiled at them.

It was the usual for new staff members to be greeted with applause but none of the staff or students clapped except Dumbledore and Hagrid, along with Harry, Jessie, Daphne, Kyle, Ginny, Keith, Astoria and Haise.

"I didn't know Technoblade would be teaching here." Jessie said and Kyle nodded.

"I'm sure none of us knew of this."

Technoblade looked around the Great Hall before he chuckled a little at their reactions.

It was then that Dumbledore cleared his throat again.

"As I was saying." He said as he smiled at the sea of students before him, all of whom were still gazing transfixed at Technoblade.

"We are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century, it is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" Fred Weasley said loudly.

The tension that had filled the Hall ever since Technoblade's arrival suddenly broke.

Nearly everyone laughed and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively.

"I am not joking, Mr Weasley." He said.

"Though, now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag and a leprechaun who all go into a bar -"

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

"Er- but maybe this is not the time...no..." Dumbledore said.

"Where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament...well, some of you will not know what this Tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation and allow their attention to wander freely."

"The Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago, as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry - Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, a champion was selected to represent each school and the three champions competed in magical tasks, the schools took it in turns to host the Tournament once every five years and it was generally agreed to be a most excellent way of establishing ties between young witches and wizards of different nationalities - until, that is, the death toll mounted so high that the tournament was discontinued."

"Death toll?" Jessie whispered, looking alarmed.

"There have been several attempts over the centuries to reinstate the Tournament." Dumbledore continued.

"None of which have been very successful, however our own Department of International Magical Co-operation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt, we have worked hard over the summer to ensure that, this time, no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger."

"The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with short-listed contenders in October along with a special guest and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween, an impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school and a thousand galleons personal prize money."

There was silent chatter going about ad they heard this.

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts." Dumbledore said.

"The heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year, only students who are of age - that is to say, seventeen years or older - will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration."

"This is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the Tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh years will be able to cope with them, I will personally be ensuring that no underage school hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL