Chapter 81

No one's POV

After fifteen minutes of more fast and furious flying, China had pulled ahead by ten more goals.

They were now leading one hundred and thirty points to ten, and the game was starting to get dirtier.

A Chinese player named Shen Yu shot towards the goalpost yet again, clutching Quaffle tightly under her arm, the Bulgarian Keeper, Zograf, flew out to meet her.

What happened next brought a scream of rage from Bulgaria.

Qin Shi Huang had intercepted and knocked Zograf out of the way as Shen Yu scored once more.

The eastern roared as they breathed out some fire in celebration.

"I've never seen a Seeker do that before." Jessie said as Qin Shi Huang waved to the crowd getting a loud cheer.

The Veela on the other side of the pitch leapt to their feet, tossing their hair angrily and started to dance again.

The Weasley boys stuffed their fingers in their ears but Daphne, who hadn't bothered, was soon tugging on Harry's arm.

He turned to look at her.

"Look at the referee." She said with a small giggle and the other girls were the same.

Harry looked down at the pitch as he had a blank look on his face.

Hassan Mostafa had landed right in front of the dancing Veela, and was acting very oddly indeed.

He was flexing his muscles and smoothing his moustache excitedly.

"Now, we can't have that!" Ludo Bagman said, though be sounded highly amused.

"Somebody slap the referee!"

A mediwizard came tearing across the pitch, his fingers stuffed in his own ears, and kicked Mostafa hard on the shins.

Mostafa seemed to come to himself, Harry, watching with a small chuckle, he looked exceptionally embarrassed, and was shouting at the Veela, who had stopped dancing and were looking mutinous.

"And unless I'm much mistaken, Mostafa is actually attempting to send off the Bulgarian Team Mascots!" Bagman's voice said.

"Now there's setting we haven't seen before...oh, this could turn nasty...."

It did: the Bulgarian Beaters, Volkov and Vulchanov, had landed on either side of Mostafa, and began arguing furiously with him, gesticulating towards the Dragons, who were gleefully breathing fire.

Mostafa was not impressed by the Bulgarians' arguments, however, he was jabbing his finger into the air, clearly telling them to get flying again, and when they refused, he gave two short blasts on his whistle.

"Two penalties for China!" Shouted Bagman, and the Bulgarian team howled in anger.

"And Volkov and Vulchanov had better get back on those brooms...yes...there they go....and Yan Chi takes the Quaffle..."

Play now reached a level of ferocity beyond anything they had yet seen.

The Beaters on both sides were acting without mercy: Volkov and Vulchanov in particular seemed to not care whether their clubs made contact with Bludger or human, as they swung them violently through the air.

Dimitrov shot straight at Buda who had the Quaffle, nearly knocking him off his broom.

"Foul!" Echoed Ludo Bagman's magically magified voice.

"Dimitrov skins Buda- deliberately flying to collide there- and it's got to be another penalty - yes, there's the whistle!"

The dragon's had risen into the air again and, this time, they soared in a sort of dance as a sort of insult to the Veela.

At this, the Veela lost control.

They launched themselves across the pitch, and began throwing what seemed to be handfuls of fire at the Dragons.

Now Harry saw what they truly looked like.

They didn't look remotely beautiful now.

On the contrary, their faces were elongated into sharp, cruel-beaked bird heads, and long, scaly wings bursting from their shoulders–

"And that, boys." Mr. Weasley yelled over the tumult of the crowd below.

"Is why you should never go for looks alone!"

"I'm glad I didn't." Harry muttered as he looked at Daphne before back at the skirmish.

Ministry wizards were flooding onto the field to seperate the Veela and dragons, but with little success for fear of the dragons.

Harry turned back to the match, as the Quaffle was changing hands with the speed of a bullet–

"BUDA SCORES!"

But the cheers of the China supporters were barely heard over the shrieks of the Veela, the blasts now issuing from the Ministry members' wands.

Now Levski had the Quaffle, now Dimitrov–

The Chinese Beater Shen Yu swung heavily at a passing Bludger, and hit it as hard as possible towards Krum, who didn't duck quickly enough.

It hit him hard in the face.

There was a deafening groan from the crowd, Krum's nose looked broken, there was blood everywhere, but Hassan Mostafa didn't blow his whistle.

He had become distracted, and Harry couldn't blame him, one of the Veela had thrown a handful of fire and set his broomtail alight.

Harry turned before his eye widened.

"Look at Qin Shi Huang!" Harry yelled.

For the Chinese Seeker had suddenly gone into a dive, and Harry was quite sure this was no feint, this was the real thing...

"He's seen the Snitch!" Jessie shouted.

"He's seen it! Look at him go!"

Half the crowd seemed to realise what was happening, the China supporters rose in great waves of gold and red screaming their Seeker on...but Krum was on his tail.

He could see where he was going, Harry had no idea, there were flocks of blood flying in the air behind him, but he was drawing level with Qin Shi Huang now, as the pair of them hurtled towards the ground.

"They're going to crash!" Hermione shrieked.

"They're not!" Jessie roared.

"Qin Shi Huang is!" Kyle yelled.

But he was wrong.

Qin Shi Huang smiled as he jumped and grabbed the Snitch as he quickly flipped.

Instead of landing on the ground, Buda flew in at quick speeds beneath him as he caught him before zooming back into the air.

"He's got it! Qin Shi Huang got the Snitch!" Kyle exclaimed.

Qin Shi Huang raised the Snitch to the air for all to see as he gave a proud laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL