The demon slayers surrounding looked towards the taller man in awe, anxious to hear his answer. However, amongst the children surrounding the Slayer, only Kanao and Tanjiro knew his story and understood the question. It didn't take long for silence to consume the area as the Slayer stared straight ahead, not making eye-contact with the boy. There was a drawn-out pause before the warrior finally admitted, "...Yes. I was angry, no.. furious back then. He turned his back on his beliefs, he went against everything he stood for. Everything that I respected about him was cast away the moment he pledged his allegiance to the Khan Maykr and now the Dark Lord. When we met on the battlefield, I was blinded by anger once I saw him face me. I attacked without mercy, I treated him like I did any other demon. However, when it came to delivering the finishing blow, I couldn't do it, I couldn't bring myself to kill my only friend."

Xernex let out a triumphant "ha!" upon hearing this and continued, "Well, we are beyond that, aren't we? Look what has become of us. I still died and was forced to become a loyal puppet of the Khan Maykr. If you had never come to our world, the Khan Maykr would've never discovered the demons!"

"You know damn-well that isn't true. You're just too blind to admit it."

Tux attempted to charge forward to silence the Doom Slayer but was halted by the Marauder who was barely managing to maintain his composure in the face of such insolence. Xernex commented, "None of that matters anymore. Argent D'nur has fallen, the Maykrs are no more. All that's left is you and my burning vengeance for my fallen kingdom. I sacrificed my body for more power. Power that will let me avenge those who have fallen victim to your wrath." Xernex pointed an accusatory finger towards the Doom Slayer as he finished his statement.

The game by Disturbed

The Slayer ordered the others that were with him while keeping his gaze on the Marauder, "Get out of here and don't come back." Tanjiro winced as he was escorted away by the others but not without turning his head back to watch the events unfold behind him.

The Avenger (Tux) stepped forward while requesting, "Can I take a crack at him, boss?"

Xernex denied as he slightly bent his knees and the thrusters built within his arms, legs, and torso ignited as the flaming blue jets seared the ground underneath him. Xernex ordered, "I will handle the Doom Slayer. I will summon you when you are needed." The Doom Slayer popped his knuckles and his neck in anticipation. Xernex shouted as loud as he could for the Doom Slayer to hear, "There is no stopping the inevitable! YOU WILL DIE TODAY!"

Xernex zoomed forward, propelled by the thrusters built into his body as he quickly closed the gap between him and the Doom Slayer in a heartbeat. The demonic night sentinel threw a powerful punch towards the Doom Slayer who barely managed to catch it. The force of the Marauder's fist being stopped by the Hellwalker created a shockwave powerful enough to blow away all the loose dirt near them.

The Cultist Marauder hovered in the air, his jets becoming brighter as they continued providing thrust for the demon. The Slayer fought against the Marauder's strength, he was unable to push the demon back but Xernex couldn't push either. Once the Slayer noticed his arm shaking from holding back the demon, he quickly maneuvered himself underneath the demon as he quickly grabbed the Marauder and hurled him towards the ground. Xernex was very quick to react as the thrusters in his feet activated, allowing him to rapidly spin around and sweep the Slayer off his feet with a single kick.

Flynn managed to push himself back onto his feet with a quick handspring before he hit the floor as the Marauder twirled into the air before landing on his feet. The two warriors shoulder-charged into each other before quickly transitioning into rapid hand-to-hand combat. All of their experiences, all of their training with the Night Sentinels was being put to the test as they quickly countered each other's attacks and moved in for the next. Their speed, strength, and reaction time were practically the same. The Marauder had managed to become as strong as he was. The Doom Slayer had never fought against someone at his level of strength before so this encounter was going to require him to summon his full strength if he wanted to win.