35

"how was it?," seungmin curiously questioned and closed the notebook in front of him that he was reading from. hyunjin put down his phone and felix leaned against his hand to look at the newcomer.

jisung couldn't be angry at felix for telling the others about the date because everything that two people of the group shared was by default public news and everyone had to learn about it.

"well, you know what, great actually."

"really? in what way?"

"did something happen?"

"like what?," jisung asked, not intending to tease the others, but just waiting for a clarification.

"did you sleep together-," hyunjin started.

"did you kiss?," seungmin also spoke up and shot the tallest a scolding glance.

"of course not!," jisung cried out and shook his head, "but it was hard not to..

'can i text you to hang out again?,' he asked me and of course i said yes. so he was like, 'alright. can i ask you over on tuesday already? i know i'll be free then.'

so i was like, sure, you know, can't tell the boy off so harshly, and he leans into me, literally close, and we were in front of his house already, he showed me where he lives, and he leans in, tilting his head and all!

to which i was like oh shit, sir, this is the mcdonalds drive through.. no, but i mean.. ugh, i just looked down a little, not like literally down but a bit, just to make him realise what i was implying and i felt him pull away.

so he was like, 'goodnight,' with no bitterness whatsoever. and like, i didn't wish he'd be bitter but he not only got what i was trying to show him but also took it well. he wasn't mad. i'd be furious in his place, literally.

like, some bitch asks you out, you have mad chemistry and yall go out to basically compliment each other the whole time and then you don't even get a kiss! isn't that frustrating?!

but either way, he took it without complaining and i almost felt bad but of course i couldn't stop him and tell him, 'wait, kiss me actually.' that would've been so weird.

and when i struggled to reply because i was already debating what to do he went, 'are you alright? you seemed distracted for a bit..'

'no, it's alright. but i was just thinking.. maybe we shouldn't attempt to date each other,' i finally said after the whole night of feeling on edge.

and he touched my arms and said, 'don't get all worked up over that. it's just the first time we're meeting each other. we have plenty of time to talk and think about that.'

to which i was like, 'what do you mean?'

'i know you don't want me to kiss you tonight so i won't. i can wait if you need me to, as much as you want,' he smiled so sweetly and my heart was like, melting.

at this point i couldn't bring myself to say that my decision was final so i just nodded. he waited a couple of minutes more to give me time to get back into my senses and then i said goodbye."

"wait, you friendzoned him?," hyunjin asked, bewildered.

"you friendzoned him?," seungmin corrected and they both stared at the boy.

"yeah well.. i can't date him if he keeps his job," jisung admitted and bit his cheek.

"but you said that he flusters you! why the fuck not?," seungmin exclaimed loudly.

"because he's a prostitute. it wasn't an issue before but now that he's doing it again i just don't think i can deal with this."

"but no. aren't you guys like, very compatible and all? i thought you really liked him," hyunjin spoke up.

"yes, i think we are. and i do like him. but i just can't date him," jisung explained, "how could i feel safe when sleeping with him? there are so many diseases, that he can get every single night that he would be working.."

"but jisungie, you said he always uses a condom," felix joined in. he hadn't done that until now because he knew it was difficult to reason with his short friend but now he thought he might be of use to the offense of seungmin and hyunjin.

"yeah, but that's not 100% effective though," the boy reasoned, "and i don't like him working at night. what's that gonna be like, only hang out two days a week because he's busy satisfying other men who paid for his company? and besides, he never asked me to date him or anything.."

"but he implied that he wanted to. he literally said he could wait..," seungmin argued.

"when he tried to fucking kiss you," hyunjin also joined, "so don't mistake the fact that he's trying to respect you with him not being interested."

jisung bit his lip. he was doing exactly that just because it was easier to tell himself that minho didn't want him that much since he wasn't acting on it instead of actually giving him a chance.

"everyone says that nice guys finish last. don't do that to him," felix encouraged.

"nice guys? he's literally been with more people than you all have combined and doubled," jisung defended himself and crossed his arms.

"maybe. but he's only free on tuesday and he wants to spend it with you," felix reasoned.

"why do i feel like i'm on the losing side of an argument when you're literally trying to get me to date someone who completely honestly is fucking a dozen people a month?," the shortest let out a sigh, "i'm not into polyamory and if you were to take a couple of seconds you would realise that you'd be like that in my situation too!"

"alright, yeah," felix bit his cheek. he really hadn't looked at it from jisung's point of view.

"but he-," hyunjin was ready to fight but got interrupted.

"let him be. he can't accept having a boyfriend that sleeps with people for money and that's okay," seungmin elbowed the tallest.

jisung nodded with a grim look on his face and left it at that.