33

"wow. even i felt sad when i saw who's doing class this morning," hyunjin exclaimed as they quit the room.

"yeah, seeing him again was depressing after getting used to minho's lazy greeting and soft voice."

jisung nodded. he really had the softest voice.

"but on the bright side, it's not inappropriate to date him now, is it?," jisung mouthed so quietly that the two didn't hear and asked him to repeat it.

"all i'm saying is, maybe i should ask him out, since there's no conflict of interest now. if he turns me down then it will just be because i suck," he reflected louder and the two nodded.

"sure. i don't think he'll refuse but that's basically it," seungmin returned, "just find him i guess. i hope he's still at university.."

jisung nodded pensively. he had no idea where he could meet him.

~

a couple of days passed uneventfully, and then jisung received a surprise in the form of minho walking in front of him in plain sight in the corridor.

"hey," he softly greeted and stopped when he saw jisung was stopping to talk to him too.

"hi," jisung's voice rang a couple of octaves higher than he intended and his cheeks changed colours, simultaneously because of the embarrassment of the situation and the thrill of being spoken to, "how are you doing?"

"fine," minho smiled. it wasn't cheerful but he didn't seem troubled either, "and you? i'm sorry you had to go through all of that.."

"no, it's okay. what happened?"

"oh, he fired me," the older explained with a shrug, "i'm allowed to finish my degree but he won't sign any documents saying that i did work for him. it's supposed to be a zero-benefit situation."

"but he exploited you for almost a full year!," jisung exclaimed a bit too loud.

"yeah but i don't need to make him try and find a way to make this a losing situation for me," minho admitted honestly, "either way, i'm free now. it's refreshing."

"oh. nothing stops you from going out with me then," the shorter blushed as he suggested.

"definitely," the older giggled, "you stole the words from my mouth!"

"how is saturday, 5pm?," jisung excitedly questioned.

"umm," minho blinked slowly as he tried to recall his plans, "can we do friday instead?"

"oh, okay. sure," the shorter hesitantly hummed. he wasn't expecting that minho would have more urgent business.

"i'm sorry. i'm just working on saturday.."

"working?," the younger curiously lifted his brows.

"yeah, no, it's the same job as before," minho laughed, "i decided to resume it after i got dismissed here.."

"oh," jisung let out and bit his lip.

"maybe i can get your number?"

"sure," jisung's hid the disappointment in his voice as he opened a notebook and scribbled it inside, then tore the page and handed it to the other, "should we meet in front of cinema star?"

"alright," minho grinned, "i'll text you. and see you there!"

"you got it," jisung sent minho off with his eyes and bit his cheek anxiously.

~

"hey lix, sorry to bother you, i just need some help," jisung blabbed as soon as his friend picked up the phone on friday afternoon.

"sure. spill."

"um, i'm going out with minho," the shorter uttered and then precipitously added, "not as a date."

"wait, why not?"

"he's working as a sex worker again," jisung explained with a sigh.

"oh," felix also sighed. he was probably doing something else too so jisung was glad he even got him to pick up.

"yeah. i meant to ask him on a date actually, but then he mentioned that and i panicked and i don't want him to think that it's a date, although that was how i intended it, but now i changed my mind and need my outfit to reflect that," the shorter spilled out in a single breath.

"so he doesn't know that it's not a date?"

"well, i didn't clarify.. like, i never said 'it's a date' or something, i just asked him to dinner and now.."

"wait, dinner? dude, he's definitely thinking yall are gonna fuck," felix exclaimed seriously.

"no, you don't know him. i'm sure he doesn't expect sex out of anyone. maybe he thought i asked as friends, i don't know.. depends on how he views me..," jisung babbled until he realised something.

minho had made out with him, he said he was attracted to him, then admitted that he was his favourite. he probably was viewing him as a love interest. shit.

"i guess, only you know how he sees you but i'm not sure it's even possible to convey the message that you want with clothes. like, this is difficult enough to wrap your mind around if you were to straight up say it, but there's no pair of jeans that says, 'i changed my mind, fuck off'."

"wait, no, i don't want to imply that. i just.. want to go on but as friends," jisung mumbled, "i don't regret asking him to dinner but i just don't want to date him anymore.."

"then just keep your distance. wear something that's not sexy.."

"felix, literally none of my clothes are sexy," jisung exclaimed as he unfolded a black tshirt.

"ugh, just avoid leather, clothes with holes and crop tops, excessive jewellery, anything preppy and don't do anything special in general.."

"what?! that literally excludes most of the things i own, felix! also, no jewellery? do you want me to look like a kid?"

"no, but like.. a tshirt, hoodie and a jacket with a pair of blue jeans should be fine," the blonde said, "and don't get too close to him. your body language has to say no if you don't want him to get the wrong idea."

"okay, got it," jisung nodded diligently and took up a black tshirt to tuck into his blue jeans. the sweater he chose was more of a blazer but the restaurant he picked was nicer than what a sweater would suggest so he had no choice.

"good luck, tell me how it went," felix chimed in and closed the phone. jisung got dressed and all prepped to go.