23

as he promised, minho changed his grade and nobody found out about his initial intention to give the boy a b. and jisung proudly shared with his friends that his stuttering and mistakes had landed him a d on the project. he continued receiving a's on his homeworks and tests though.

and changkyun also continued to tease him. it was as if he was purposely sitting behind him in every class, just so he can look at his feedback and confirm once again that there had been favouritism, or at least that's how jisung thought it was.

this didn't seem to bother minho though and he didn't (or at least acted like he hadn't) notice it at all.

"he's kind of cute when he whispers a 'good job' to you as he returns your work," seungmin commented as they were walking towards a food stall to grab lunch.

jisung's eyes turned into crescents and he smiled and blushed, opening his mouth to respond but he saw felix, chan and minho in front of them and stopped himself.

"oh hey," the deep-voiced blonde greeted with a warm smile, "i hope you don't mind that i saw the hyungs and invited them to stay with us.."

"no, of course not," seungmin exclaimed and nodded to both chan and minho, "hyunjin said he'll be late, didn't he?," he turned to jisung. he was hoping not to be left alone with not one but two pairs who were hitting on each other hard.

"oh, he won't be coming as far as i know," felix replied and jisung felt minho's eyes on his face, "so i guess it's just us today," the blonde boy smiled and looked to chan.

minho wondered if his friend knew that felix was crushing on him hard or if chan was only good at exposing other people but he decided to let that go and the five boys started queueing for food.

after they took their cup noodles and started walking back though, seungmin suddenly cried out, "oh, i forgot i had to pass by the library for a book for my homework," he looked to jisung insistently, "please, come with me, won't you?"

jisung shot felix a look and knew what it was about so he stammered, "um, yes. sure.."

minho also caught on the plan and smiled to seungmin shortly, "i'll come too. a walk will do me some good."

the two nodded and chan almost started laughing at the lame excuse. felix didn't seem to mind it though, or maybe he didn't understand their plan to leave them alone at all. either way, he turned to the older awkwardly as soon as they were alone.

"um.. i guess it's just me and you now. sorry, i thought they'd stay but.."

"no, that's okay. i'm fine with them leaving," chan smiled back and the conversation ran dry. he scratched his neck to felix's confused eyes, "i'm just trying to say that i don't mind staying here alone.. with you."

"oh," the younger grinned and blushed but he didn't say anything else. chan sat down on a bench and felix did too, although he was a bit cold.

"listen, i..," chan took a deep breath in, preparing to say something that seemed very important and felix's eyes widened into a very serious expression, ready to catch every word and reflect on it later, "i kind of ship minho with your friend," he ended up blurting out and felix's jaw dropped.

slowly, a smile started creeping on the younger's face as he thought he knew about minho's hesitation and the complicated history between the two.

"you mean jisung, right?," he asked, just to make sure.

"yes. he likes him, right?"

felix nodded vigorously. he probably shouldn't have revealed that but oh well. minho probably knew that too. and he really wanted to get chan's appreciation.

"they're cute, i think. it's unfortunate that they're teacher and student now but once mr jeon comes back they can figure it out.."

"yes, definitely. jisung wants him a lot..," felix admitted and then panicked, shutting his mouth with his hand, "uh, i mean.. um.."

chan laughed, "it's okay. i don't need to know that.. but you're so adorable talking about it.."

"uh, um.. thanks.. thank you..," the younger awkwardly repeated and bit his lip. chan smiled and looked down to smile and blush.

neither of them spoke for a bit after that and then they moved on to other topics.