32

the email from mr jeon came one morning before it was time for minho's class. jisung almost dropped his phone when he saw the name on his display and his heart went in his throat as he opened it.

the teacher was asking him to meet him at his office, after class and he knew that he had to go, even though that was the place that he wanted to visit the least in the world. he got dressed and exited, shaking like a leaf from the anxiety.

"mr han jisung," mr jeon questioningly pronounced as if he had forgotten him in the three months that he hadn't seen him, "i think you may know why i asked you here today," his annoying lisp hissed at him and drops of saliva flew in the boy's way.

"i think i do," jisung replied and walked after the man who let him into his office. his arm looked good as new but jisung had other concerns. neither of the other parties were in here-him and mr jeon were alone.

"you're here because of my assistant lee minho that you should know well since he teaches my class this semester," the old man spat out quite literally, with his liquids almost reaching jisung who was sitting down on the other side of the desk on a chair, brought specifically for the occasion.

jisung didn't reply. he didn't know what to say and he didn't want to say the wrong thing. the best strategy was to speak as little as possible.

"there has been a complaint about him," mr jeon slowly continued, "and you are concerned as a possible victim of lee minho's actions. i asked you here alone today, because i believe that in order for you to be comfortable to talk freely, this is the best option."

jisung nodded understandingly. he wasn't going to speak until a question was asked though.

"so, tell me honestly, mr han, is there anything that lee minho has done to offend you, suggest inappropriate relations between you or in general that you found unprofessional or that bothered you?," mr jeon finally cut to the chase.

"no, mr jeon, he hasn't done anything of the sort."

"you are free to speak what's on your mind. did he initiate any unwanted physical contact, or tried to get in touch with you outside of class, or in class but in an unfitting way?," every 's' led to a spurt of liquid from his mouth, aimed at the boy's face.

"not that i can remember," jisung calmly but firmly stated.

"what kind of relationship did you have with lee minho? in and outside of class?"

jisung's blood froze and he felt the cold sweat drip down his spine.

"i have a professional relationship with your assistant, much like the other students in the class. outside of class, except for having met him several times around campus, there is no relationship between us."

mr jeon nodded. he didn't look pleased or displeased and jisung gulped at the unreadable expression.

"are you sure and absolutely certain that there haven't been any accidents that you can remember with the participation of lee minho?," he ended up asking again, "no familiarity, unprofessional approach, any problems with his grading?"

"no issues of the sort," jisung confidently returned, "as for the grades, i am a student and don't know anything about the grading.."

mr jeon nodded again thoughtfully, then lifted himself up.

"thank you for your feedback, mr han. i am sorry for making you come here but it was important that you clarify this," the old man stated and started walking to the door. jisung followed after him.

when they reached the door, the man began again, "thank you for coming. goodbye."

"goodbye, mr jeon," jisung bowed a little and exited, still in shock of the conversation.

he headed to the cafeteria, hoping to find his friends there. luckily, he did.

"do you think he'll fire him?"

"i don't know really. if you really didn't slip anything then i don't see why he would do that," seungmin pensively replied.

"i think he shouldn't have left his assistants take on all his work," felix joined in, "i don't really know about him but chan has been trying so hard to avoid getting friendly with his students because they're already going to the same faculty and even taking some classes together.. he really should've seen this coming."

"i agree that jeon deserves a scandal but i don't think anyone's gonna receive anything more than a scolding. maybe he will remove minho from our class but i think he'll leave him as an assistant. he needs someone to check the works of students for him either way," hyunjin reflected.

"i don't know what the others said. like, we were thinking that you have a final say but in the end of the day you're just a pawn," seungmin continued, "the titans are minho and changkyun, so it must be their hearing that matters too.."

jisung shook his head in distress. he couldn't be sure what minho had said. maybe he had admitted to everything, from start to finish, and jeon knew he was lying the minute he denied it.

the next class, jisung was greeted by mr jeon upon entering the room. no one in the auditorium seemed pleased by the change, but jisung was sure he was the one who mourned it the most.