14

jisung then started working on his presentation, trying to impress minho, though he knew that the possibility of him failing was big since he was going first. he didn't know why but he wanted to appeal to minho now, which was so obvious that hyunjin and seungmin were mocking his efforts constantly.

"do you actually like him?," felix asked one day at the cafeteria, blowing on the soup he had ordered. jisung's eyes shot up in confusion and he had to take a second to assess what the question was about.

"i don't know, lix," he admitted honestly, "he's not someone i thought i'd ever like but.. there's at least something about him that i like."

"oh," felix nodded comprehensively, "don't you think he might feel something about you too? since you did it and all..?"

"um, i can't really tell. you know, he's my first so i'd kind of like to see him be into me," jisung bit his lip and took his sandwich up to eat it.

"well, he might be. since i don't see him too often i can't tell. but from what the boys have said he seems to notice you," felix encouraged sweetly.

"i don't know," jisung repeated quietly and put down his sandwich, "why would he like me? honestly, i don't know how i did when he.. you know..," he lowered his voice a little and shot the other a 'you know what i mean' glance, "but i'm sure he's seen better. and why would someone who knows what he's doing, like him, want anyone like me? he even asked if i had even kissed people before.."

"awh, it's cute that you get all insecure over it," felix cooed and took a bite of noodles, "don't worry so much. if he likes you it might not be because of sex, maybe he liked it when you talked, or even the fact that he's the only one who's had you. it's a turn on for some guys.."

jisung thought about that. did minho act all nice because he thought he owned jisung? and if jisung wanted someone else instead, as he sure did, how should he make it clear that he wasn't minho's property, despite having had sex?

hyunjin and seungmin came to their table just in time to disrupt jisung's thoughts, and what he was most disturbed with was actually the third person who came with them. it was a senior, kind of short and very muscular, one that felix found somewhere and befriended and who sometimes had lunch with them.

jisung liked him but he didn't like the fact that his friends liked him too much. that changbin boy was kind of a celebrity among his friend group.

"hey," changbin greeted and sat down in front of felix. next to him, hyunjin plopped down immediately and seungmin was left to sit down next to jisung.

"hi, hyung," felix returned in an unnaturally high-pitched voice, "ah, sorry," he giggled, his hand on his mouth. the short boy laughed too.

"hi," jisung flatly stated, trying to get the attention of literally anyone and succeeded when seungmin turned to him and mouthed a greeting back.

"so are you guys going to the party next weekend?," changbin asked with a smirk. maybe he was hoping to see his crush there. a crush that he shared with jisung.

jisung bit his cheek but waited for the others to answer.

"i was thinking about it," hyunjin admitted shyly, "but i thought it would be lame and not many people would show. but if you'd be there then i'll go," he sweetly smiled and his eyes were shining.

"i'll come too," felix chimed in and seungmin nodded silently.

jisung couldn't be bothered responding though. his crush was going. and because of someone else. should he go? does he need to see them flirting throughout the whole night? he didn't even notice minho enter and stare at him as he was standing in line for the cafeteria.

nobody cared about his lack of response. the conversation carried on as jisung stared at his crush laughing together with changbin and shyly tucking his hair behind his ears. he felt the need to look away, to find something distracting and keep looking that way until the bell rang.

jisung's eyes travelled around the room and settled on something vaguely familiar, a pretty face with silver-framed glasses, pouty rosy lips and a tall handsome nose. it lifted its chin up momentarily and jisung shook his head at the change of position of his static object, startled.

it was as if he was looking at a poster that suddenly moved. he blinked and looked at the queue, this time entirely consciously.

to his surprise, there was minho, scanning the crowd tiredly, or maybe it was just his idle way of saving his energy. his eyes moved across his group, determining the situation until his eyes finally landed on jisung and his chin lifted up again, in a nonchalant greeting.

jisung panicked and bowed with his head, lowering his eyes to the table. nobody paid attention to his strange behaviour either. except for minho. he was smiling, probably mocking his frustration. jisung smiled back and licked his lips. how awkward could he be?

soon, the queue moved forward and so did minho, but before he ordered, he looked to jisung and winked at him cutely. it took just a second's time but as soon as the boy registered the action, he covered his mouth with a fist and dropped his eyes to the flat surface of the table.

"what?," seungmin muttered to himself when he noticed the weirdness, and then turned to see what was causing jisung's frustration. once he saw minho take a sandwich and a tall cup from the counter and head out, he knew.

the teacher turned around to greet jisung again but was surprised when he saw both him and seungmin staring at him. he lifted a hand as casually as he possibly could and exited.

"what is it?," hyunjin finally noticed his friends looking into one direction and turned around too.

after him, changbin did too, but minho was already opening the door, luckily. jisung stared at hyunjin. that was about as much as minho could do about his feelings. a second's distraction. that's what he was. his pretty strong thighs and god-like body, and his deft hands and his pretty face. jisung kept daydreaming.