All the POV's

T/W: mean(slightly toxic?)grandma, mentions of kidnapping, cursing, mentions/faked death, implied/mentioned torture, blood(non descriptive)

POV: Grian 

I turn to look behind Tamerix. There, wearing overalls and a green shirt, is a girl, our age or a bit younger, with light orange hair, streaked with green, as if vines were weaved into it. There are leaves and twigs as well, and she has dirt smudged on her face.

"Gem, go back to the garden. These weeds won't pull themselves." Tamerix says, looking at the girl. "But gran, they said Scar was missing!"

"You know Scar?" Xisuma asks, surprised. "No, we don't know any Sca-" Tamerix starts to say before being interrupted by Gem. "He's my cousin!"

"He's your- What?" we all say at once. "Yep :D!" Gem says, somehow managing to use ':D' In verbal conversation. Then me and Xisuma remember the same thing at once. "When we were reading out loud the list of people to visit the Admins gave us-" i start. "-he said that you're his grandma!" Xisuma finishes.

I look back at Tamerix to find her glaring at us. Now, im used to getting weird looks, comes with the territory of being the main character. But this glare seems to be going straight through my soul, pass all my secrets, and into the door behind me. "Did i say something wrong?" Xisuma whispers to me. I shrug, not sure what got into her.

A few moments pass before Tamerix blinks and her smile is back on, this time a little too bright. "No deers, we don't know any Scar." i wince at the distain in her voice at his name, but (somehow) manage to restrain myself from strangling her.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) Hels and Xan don't have my restraint.

"Tell me, random fucking badass grandma with a fucking grudge and death wish, why do you hate our friend so damn much?" Xanthus says. I honestly don't expect her to understand galactic, but she replies likewise. "My daughter married a human. Scar is only half elf, and therefore no relative of mine."

POV: Mumbo

"Ready?" I whisper to Pri- Yalli. She nods and then faints, falling to the ground in a heap. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she died. Perfect.

Scar gasps, rather convincingly, and rushes to her side. Feeling for a heartbeat or breaths, he motions to the rest of us. "She isn't breathing!" Scar shouts. We rush over, looking quite panicked if you ask me, and start waving our hands and making as much noise as possible.

Finally, we attract the attention of a guard. He(or she? Watchers are hard to gender) runs over, panicked. With a handful of others behind them. Shit. Well, we're too far in now, might as well try.

The guards order us to back up against the wall, and the five-ish of them enter. As The first one leans down to pick Yalli, she punches them, right in the nose, and follows up with a knee to the privates. Definitely amab.

The first one falls to the ground, groaning, and the other four rush us. I have just enough time to think 'SHIT' before my vision goes dark.

POV: ???

i watch the prisoners' attempted escape with sadness. I was there once, trying desperately to get back to those I love(/p). The only difference is that I never saw them again. I don't think they're alive. No, I'm sure they died long ago, although time works differently in the watchers' End, especially as a watcher myself.

"Xurten." A voice orders from behind me. I stifin, my back straightening and chin lifting. "Yes, master?" I ask, grinding my teeth and clenching my fists. "Are the prisoners still in our... custody?" "Yes." I answer. A few months- or years?- ago I would have lied. Now, both me and my dear dead friend have the scars to discourage me. Besides, after his death, I vowed to never do something like that again. From then on, I chose my moves wisely. Lying now wouldn't help anyone, least of all myself. So i bide my time, Watching.

POV: third person flashback 

The boy smiled as he drew back his arm, wip in hand. He had been accepted into the Watchers' ranks almost without question. Apparently he had a reputation. A reputation he was proud of.

The other, older boy in front of him screamed for him to stop. Finally, he did. "Rix, I'll do anything you ask, but please, the escape was my idea, not Xurten's." The younger put his hand to his chin in a mock thinking pose. Finally, (although he had decided on this as soon as the opportunity arose) he agreed.

Holding out his hand for the third boy in the group, he yanked him up, ignoring the blood and grunts of pain. "Deal." He said. "But you, Xelqua, will take his punishment ten fold." The third boy screamed for the elder not to do it, but he did. "I agree. I will take whatever punishment you deem necessary. But I want a magic oath that you will completely pardon Xurten for his crimes." "You drive a hard bargain, Xelqua. But yes, I agree to a magic oath."

The two boys then held hands, magic surrounding them until they were just a ball of light, too bright to look at. The two said the words of an ancient ritual.

"On this night, or day or dusk,

I will make the vow I must.

I, Rix the watcher, vow to pardon the watcher Xurten for his crimes."

"And on this night, or day or dusk,

I will make the vow I must.

I, Xelqua the watcher, vow to take Xurten's punishment ten fold in his place."

After the vows, the two each had an x-shaped scar on their face. If either of them ever went back on their word, the scars would open, causing pain worse than anything Satan could cook up. 

<End flashback>

983 words. Now, some of you may have noticed that I haven't been online really at all recently. The reason for this is school. It's the end of the semester and there are tests to be taken and grades to raise and assessments to turn in. And just in general stress. Plus, as of writing this, I have the flu. Yay._.

Anyway, take care of your self, and good unspecified time of day or night!