~29~

WORDS COUNT: 1067
_________________________________

Bella's POV
My heart stopped for a second and the room started spinning slightly. Mom and dad's mouth hung open in shock and im pretty sure mine was touching the floor.

Bella: What?

Luke put his face in his hands and shook his head.

Luke: I... Like Reid.

I didn't even know what to say to that. But at the same time i had so many questions.

Josh: Luke, you like boys?

Luke: Yeah, i- i guess.

My dad looked a mix between angry and sad. He was the kind of dad that always nagged Luke about getting a girlfriend, so i didn't have a clue how he'd take this.

Kassie: Oh honey... Its- its ok.

Luke: Its not though. Reid doesn't have feelings for me and probably never will.

Kassie: Dont say that. And... Even if it is true you'll find the right person at the right time.

I dropped down onto a chair. I was sure my legs wasn't working anymore. I was shocked to say the least. Didn't he date Evie? Maybe he's bi or something.

Bella: How long have you known?

Luke: I caught feelings for Reid years ago... So a really long time now.

I'm rendered speachless once again. Luke and i never kept secrets from each other. At least that's what i thought.

Bella: Luke, im so sorry. If i knew, i wouldn't have started dating him.

Luke: Its too late now.

Luke got up from his seat at the table and went up to his room.

Reid's POV
After Bella went home, I started on break fast and ate while watching Netflix. In the middle of my breakfast i got a text from Bella.

Bella: Reid, im so sorry but i don't think we shouldn't be together.

My heart stopped. Surely i just read it wrong so i read it again, and again. But it rurns out I'd read it right. Immediately so many thoughts swam through my head. Did i something wrong? Did i overstep too many boundaries? Did she get caught? Did i make her feel uncomfortable last night?

I had no idea how to reply to that message. I held my head in my hands and tried to think but my brain was clouded. Finally i texted back.

Reid: What? Why?

Bella: I... Just think it would be better if we weren't together.

Reid: But what makes you think that, did i make you uncomfortable?

Bella: No. Please Reid, don't feel bad. I just think its better for everyone.

Reid: Better for everyone?

Bella didn't respond.

Reid: What do you mean. Bella, please text me back.

Still she ignored me. I called her, no answer and eventually gave up. I was left with so many more questions. I thought she felt the same. How could she just... Throw this away.

Bella's POV
Reid blew up my phone but i wasn't going to change my mind so i muted my phone and put on a movie to distract me from my thoughts.

I always hated when sisters or best friends fought over a guy and i always said that I'd never do that. Of course i never thought it would happen, after all, i thought Luke liked girls...

I didn't have a problem with his sexuality i just felt... I dont know, disappointed that we liked the same guy. I had very intense feelings for Reid and i hoped we would last as a couple but apparently not.

In the middle of the movie, there was a knock at the door. Luke walked in and sat on the bed.

Luke: Im sor-

Bella: Luke there's nothing to be sorry about.

Luke: I know but... I overreacted. If Luke chooses to be with you then I'll just have to deal with it.

Bella: Luke, i broke up with Reid. And it's staying that way. I would feel bad that i was going out with someone you liked.

Luke: You didn't have to do that you know.

I laughed.

Bella: I know. Sooo how's it like?

Luke: What?

Bella: Liking guys?

Luke: Oh so you're a lesbian now?

Bella: What no.

Luke: Exactly. It feels just like how you feel when you see a cute guy.

Bella: But like you're surrounded naked and hot by guys all the time at basketball. How do you do it?

Luke shrugged.

Luke: Some of them aren't really my type. But if i like a guy, i try really hard not to stare.

I asked Luke more questions since i honestly didn't know much about being homosexual and to be honest it was pretty interesting to hear about. I also had a new person to talk to about hot guys so that's a plus.

-Monday-
Today I'd planned on staying home to avoid Reid because i knew if i saw him id just melt. But unfortunately, Evie reminded me of a test we had that was extremely important so i had to hurry up and go to school last minute.

I just put on the first things i saw in my closet and rushed out the door. The girls came to pick me up and we got to school just in time for the test.

After, we went to our different classes and unfortunately for me Reid was in one of them. He tries getting my attention but i once again ignored him. I felt beyond horrible but it was for the best.

When the bell rang for lunch Reid  cornered me.

Reid: Bella, listen please. Why are you ignoring me?

I looked at the floor, i couldn't meet Reid's eyes.

Bella: Im sorry but we cant be together.

Reid: Bella-

Reid's voice broke and it made my heart shatter. He sounded do defeated.

Reid: W- why? What did I do, i promise i can fix this, whatever it it.

Bella: You cant. And i know people say this all the time but its not your fault, it's just something going on in my life. This is because of my morals.

Reid: Please.

Whenever guys groveled in romance movies and books it was always super romantic and I'd immediately want the couple to get back together. Thats what i wanted to happen now but, whats done is done.

Bella: Please dont hate me.

And i just walked off. Leaving Reid, speechless and still standing in the same spot.

TO BE CONTINUED...