~3~

WORDS COUNT: 490
_________________________________

Bella's POV
After school, the girls and i went to Luna's house to get ready for cheer tryouts. It was starting at 5:00pm so we had enough time. We went through Luna's closet and lay out all her athletic clothes on her bed.

Luna: Should we match or not?

Evie: absolutely, we need the judges to know that we're a package deal.

In the end, since Luna obviously didn't have three in every outfit, I wore a black biker shorts and a lavender crop top, Evie wore a black skort with a purple sports bra and Luna wore a black leggings with a lilac cropped long sleeved t-shirt.

Before we left, since Evie had some experience with cheer, she taugh us some of the basics and then we left. As we made our way back to school, I called Luke so he could let our mom know that i was trying out for cheer. When he answered the phone i could hear boys yelling and a ball bouncing in the background. I realized that he was also at school for basketball, meaning that Reid was there as well.

Luke: Bella?

Bella: Are you at basketball practice?

Luke:  Yeah why?

Bella: Nevermind. I gotta go.

I quickly hung up the phone.

Bella: Evie, stop the car.

Evie did as told.

Bella: We can't go.

Luna:What why?

Bella: Because Reid's still at school.

Luna: Bella, i know Reid's always treating you like crap but you cant let him control what you do and dont do.

Evie: Exactly. And its our last year together. Is avoiding Reid worth more than our time together?

I thought about it and realized they were right. I was just letting Reid win by limiting myself just because I didn't want to be around him.

Bella: Ok, I'll go.

Luna and Evie smiled excitedly.

Evie: Then lets go.

When we got to the school i started getting a bit nervous for other reasons besides Reid. What if i didn't get picked, or i just fell flat on my face while doing the choreography. I tried not to let those thoughts get the best of me.

We walked into the field which was being used by two groups. The basketballers were on one half with the concrete and the cheerleaders were on the grass.

One of the cheerleaders who was tall, blonde and was really pretty walked up to us and introduced herself as Bridget.

Bridget: Are you guys her to try out?

Evie: Yeah.

Bridget: Great, come this way.

She lead us to a group of girls who i guessed were also trying out. After a few more girls came, we started warming up and stretching, then one of the older cheerleaders taught us the choreography. Bridget said that flexibility, enthusiasm and ability to pick up the choreo quicker would give us a higher chance of making the team.

TO BE CONTINUED...