~19~

WORDS COUNT: 587
_________________________________

Bella's POV
Since i took the TV, Luke and Reid left the room and went to the backyard to play basketball. I was relieved since i didn't have to deal with Luke's attitude or the way Reid's presence made me feel so many different things.

I was in the middle of a movie when i heard the boys making a lot more noise in the backyard. I went to the kitchen to looked out the window and saw a lot more boys in the back playing basketball. Just when i was going to turn around and go back to the living room, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Karl.

Karl: Hey.

Bella: Oh hey. What are you doing here?

Karl: Just came to play basketball and maybe get to see you.

I smiled politely.

Just then, Reid watched through the back door. He looked at Karl and I for a second before walking to the fridge and getting a bottle of water.

Karl's hand on my shoulder moved down my arm and then held my hand.

Karl: Im gonna go. The guys are probably waiting.

Bella: Ok.

He walked out the door leaving Reid and I in the kitchen alone. Reid leaned on the counter with his arms crossed.

Reid: So are you two together?

I dont know why i got all defensive but i glared at him.

Bella: That really isn't any of your business.

Reid winced dramatically.

Reid: Touche.

I went back to the living room to watch the rest of the movie. To be honest i was taking advantage of my parents not being home because i really wanted to watch this one movie but unfortunately it was rated r so my parents would never let me watch it if they knew.

As the movie went on, i started regretting watching it while Luke's friends were continuous walking into the house for a drink or to use the bathroom. Luckily though, they stopped coming in for a while which was fortunate for me since a you know what scene started. It wasn't that bad honestly, Euphoria had worse but when i heard someone call my name i jumped.

I turned around and saw Reid laughing at my reaction. I rolled my eyes and turned back around which was an even worse idea. I just sat there watching the scene knowing Reid was right behind me.

Reid: You aren't going to skip it?

I mentally face palmed. Me being the idiot i am, didn't realize i should probably skip the scene now that i had an audiance.

Bella: Im fine.

Reid laughed again.

Reid: Oh I get it. You're watching this for learning purposes.

I tried to be witty with my response.

Bella: Yup.

Reid: For who?

Reid was practically leaning over me now. I was sitting so he was towering over me. I just replied with the first thing that came to mind.

Bella: Karl.

The grin on Reid's face disappeared. He took a step away from me as if just realizing that he shouldn't be flirting with the girl one of his friends is going out with.

Reid: You two are on that level huh?

I just decided to go along with it. It seemed to make him... I don't know, annoyed or something. I wanted to see how this would go.

Bella: Mhm.

Reid nodded and averted his gaze. After a few awkward seconds he simply walked out the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...