Chapter 17

"So what can we do to help Belle?" I ask still trying not to laugh from the nickname she gave Blake.

"Oh yes I'm let me think a minute." She says and begins walking around her house.

"I noticed your windows weren't covered. I could close them for you if you have the supplies to." I state to her hoping that'll help the ideas flow for her.

"Oh that's a perfect idea. Kids now days are so smart. All my tools and stuff for that are in the shed behind the garden. Left side of the house." I smile and nod and head for the door.

"Do you want me to help?" Blake asks.

"Oh no dear she's a strong good girl she'll be perfectly fine. Besides I don't think you even know how to storm prep." She says laughing and motioning him to follow her further into the house.

I walk back out the front door and head towards the shed. It wasn't raining up on the mountain since the storm hadn't gotten here but now it's beginning to rain and it's now dark overtop of me.

Going to have to work fast out here. I hurry to the shed and grab my tools I need.

I didn't have a sweater on or anything other than the t-shirt I was wearing so I knew I would be soaked by the end of my task out here. By the time I finished I was soaked to the bone. My hair hair was sticking to my face along with my jeans and shirt. I was also getting cold from the rain although it was warm.

I walked back inside and with a bit of struggle, removed my shoes and socks because I didn't want to wet her floor. 

I could hear laughter from the kitchen so I followed the voices to them. They were not sitting at the table with drinks in their hands, probably Belle's hand brewed tea and laughing. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Usually I'm not a jealous person or angry person but them sitting their doing nothing while I worked my butt of in the rain to make sure Belle's house was storm ready really made me mad. Of course I don't get mad and make a scene, only walk in and announce I'm done and need to get home.

"Are you staying or do I need to drive you home Blake?" I ask, avoiding eye contact with both of them.

"I'm ready when you are. It was nice to meet you Belle." Blake stands up and puts his mug in the sink.

"By the way it's pouring outside." I say as I pick up my shoes. Not bothering putting them on and walk out the door. Blake close behind me.

I hope in my jeep, I had put a tarp I had stashed under the seat in case of something like this happening and had it draped over the top. I start it up and begin driving.

It starts pouring harder which causes a big groan to come from me, I slow up cause I can hardly see in front of me. Lightning strikes down and the sound of thunder rolls over the island. Just great.

"The resort right?" I yell at Blake since the rain is so loud.

"Yes." Is all he reply's.

I pull up to the resort and wait for him to hop out. When he doesn't after a couple minutes I look over and see him staring at me. Again.

"Come in with me, you can wait out the storm it's not safe for you to drive in this weather. Please don't argue and come inside." He says reading my mind like he knew I was going to say no. I huff and pull into a parking spot and turn off the jeep.