End Of The World

The battle against the Skull Reaper continued as it was long and difficult, but they were finally able to leave its HP at the end of its last bar.

Heathcliff: Everyone, attack!

Everyone attacked the Skull Reaper with what they had left in an all-out attack and finally its HP bar depleted and it disappeared in blue shards.

Right after that, everyone was sitting on the floor, with the exception of Heathcliff and Kratos, who still had one of his blades on hand.

Klein: How many did we lose?

Kirito: Fourteen died.

Agil: No way.

Klein: We still have 25 floors.

Agil: Will we really be able to reach the top?

Kratos heard their concerns, though he was more focused on Heathcliff and noticed his calm expression.

Kratos started to get angry before he gripped his blade as he remembered what he saw in Kirito's duel against him.

Kratos quickly charged at him, and before Heathcliff could react, Kratos, with a sword skill, thrusted his blade at Heathcliff, but a transparent purple barrier stopped the blade from stricking him and a message appeared next to him saying, "Immortal Object".

Asuna:, Kratos, what are you-?

But she then noticed the message along with everyone else.

Asuna: "Immortal Object"? Wh-What's going on, Commander?

Kratos: The game ensures that his HP will never fall into the yellow zone. Something began bothering me, since the day I lost someone. "Where does he hide while he watches us and adjusts this world?" But then I realized a simple piece of psychology. Something any kid knows. There's nothing as boring as watching someone else play a game. Isn't that right, Kayaba Akihiko?

Everyone gasped surprised.

Heathcliff: Would you be so kind as to tell me how you figured it out?

Kratos: My suspicions started in your duel with Kirito. Kirito had overwhelmed you, but at the last moment, you moved too fast.

Heathcliff: I suspected as much. That was an unfortunate mistake. He overpowered me to the point that I needed to engage the system's over-assist mode.

He then looked at everyone.

Heathcliff: Yes, I am Kayaba Akihiko. And if I may add, I am the game's final boss, who would have awaited you at the top floor.

Everyone looked at him shocked.

Kratos: Hmph. The strongest player betrays us to become the last boss.

Heathcliff: Not a bad storyline, is it? I always thought that you would be the one to stand before me at the end. Dual-wielding is the skill given to the player with the fastest reaction time, who will then act out the part of the Hero that challenges the Demon King. Even so, Kirito has the skill. But you don't have it, do you? Because the Blades of Chaos are considered a single weapon to the system. However, I never thought anyone would get them. I didn't think anyone would be able to meet their requirement. Even so, the Blades of Chaos were meant to be the weapon that would destroy this world. Well, these unexpected events are part of the fun of MMORPG.

One of the KoB members then spoke.

KoB member: Our loyalty... Our hope... How dare you... How dare you? How dare you?!

He said before charging at Heathcliff.

Heathcliff simply opens his menu before the KoB member was paralyzed and fell to the floor.