8) Our Little Secret

Start from the beginning

" Benedict tell me" I spoke with my coldest tone and a fake smile.

" You know what - I will you but it shall be on my terms" He smirked

"Terms? " 

"Yes Charlotte, my terms. Firstly, stop calling me Benedict and secondly you shall buy me something."

"I -"

"You are loaded, aren't you." He said in the most sarcastic tone.

He said walking down some stairs. It was dark. There was little light down here.

.

.

.

I was speechless as we pushed the rustic doors and walked in. 

I was surprised at the place I saw

I was surprised at the fact that Zach knows such a place

I was surprised at the fact that Zach would come to such a place

I was surprised at the fact that Zach would bring me along to this place

I did not take Zach to be this guy. I was surprised.

But only pleasantly.

"Ok..this is.."

"Sush! We don't talk here, its an old library now turned into a bookstore.But the decorum is still to maintain Ms. Charlotte." He said in hushed tone while covering my mouth with his hands.

"So you read" I asked whispering

"Not much"

With saying that he disappeared amongst the many books that were around. I do love reading, I could really go a few hours here with or without Zach answering my questions.

.

.

The old library, nevertheless, is as vivid and statuesque as ever, with convenient lounge and places to read in peace and solitude replacing the spaces once occupied by physical books. It exhibits a modernist feel without missing its authenticity. There's something so serene about being surrounded by books. It was well-illuminated, with victorian and Renaissance architectural touches.

The antique smell of old book pages, untouched novels on the shelves, and the smell of dust emanating from these books

The antique smell of old book pages, untouched novels on the shelves, and the smell of dust emanating from these books. It felt like I was in a whole other world. I was surprised to see Zach, or should I say Benedict, come here.This was a side of him I had never seen before. He appears to be a regular here, as he vanished into thin air as if he knew his way around this place, as if he had been here a thousand times.