1 - figurative werwolves.

Start from the beginning

He scoffs a laugh, "Alright, kid, I'll take your word for it."

I go to pull my suitcase onto the ground, but its too heavy and I begin to stumble backwards, I catch myself just in time, but my suitcase isn't so lucky and lands straight in the mud.

"You can get it, huh?" Dad snorts and picks up my suitcase, I don't even try to intervene, I just stay silent and follow behind him into the house that holds so many memories.

He unlocks the front door and shrugs his damp coat off, I do the same, inhaling the warm and comforting air that lingers around me.

Much like the town, the house hasn't changed either; same dining table, same pictures still left hanging up, same furniture... I revel in the familiarity.

Charlie is about to step into the living room, when his phone begins to ring, he looks down at the tiny screen and sighs deeply, he picks it up, his voice is harsh and stern when he greets the person whom called him.

I watch him intently, growing curious when his voice begins to lose its hostility and morphs into slight enthusiasm.

"Okay, Harry--I'll see you soon." He hangs the phone up and bounds towards the laundry room, he emerges with a rifle, my eyes widen.

"Um. dad... what's goin' on?" I teeter on my feet, unsure what to do.

Charlie throws his coat back on before turning to face me. "Theres these wolves that've been harming people-- we've been hunting em and Harry thinks he has something." He explains hastily, he fumbles his words.

I blink and slowly nod. "Okay... so, you're going hunting?" I frown, I haven't seen my dad in two years and he's leaving to hunt some... wolves.

He must see my disappointment, because he pulls me into a tight hug. "I don't want to leave ya here, kid, but we've been hunting these things for months, and it'll be so much safer when its gone."

He pulls away and I peer up at him. "I understand. Go kill the wolf, or whatever." I smile lightly at him.

He nods and hurries for the door, he pulls it open and is about to disappear into the rain, but I call after him, he slowly turns around with his bushy eyebrows raised. "Be safe." I say, reciting the lines I always said when I was a child.

His eyes soften, "Always am." He responds before the door slams shut and he is gone.

I sigh and walk towards the stairs, now would be a good time to speak with Bella, who, apparently, has been drowning in sadness over some boy.

I slowly ascend the creaky steps, taking my time to stare at the photos adorning the wall, most are of Bella and I, though some of Renee and Charlie hang around.

I finally make it to the second floor and glance at the door to Bellas room, I hedge towards it and lightly rap my fist against the wood. I wait for a response, but after about 30 seconds, I grow impatient and bang my fist harder.

"Come in." Bella answers brittlely. I push the door open and take in Bellas new, yet old, appearance; she looks much skinnier, I can see it even through her coat and baggy jeans, her pale skin is in rough shape, and the grey light flooding in through the window doesn't help it.

"Bells." I croon and trudge further into her room.

She slightly turns her head, her dark hair falls over her shoulder and her toffee eyes meet mine, "Ellie?" She asks, fully turning her body towards me now.