085. ghostpocalypse

They manage to fight the monsters off for a little while, though they still get beat as monsters continue to charge at them.

Cas grabs Jack's body and starts running, the others quickly following him. Larissa takes Liam from Athena and Sam quickly scoops his daughter up, running off. They fight off monsters they run past as they follow Cas to a mausoleum.

They get inside, the brothers making sure the doors are shut and locked while Larissa and Cas walk down the steps. Cas lays Jack's body down. After making sure the door is secure, Sam puts Athena down, kneeling in front of her.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Sam asks, looking for any injuries.

"No. No, I'm okay." Athena says.

"Good." Sam sighs in relief. Athena holds her arms out and Sam picks her up, holding her. Sam and Dean go downstairs, Sam beelining to Larissa.

"Are you two okay?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're good." Larissa assures, rocking Liam.

Sam's eyes fall on Jack's corpse, tears springing to his eyes, but he holds them back.

"What happened to Jackie?" Athena asks, seeing his body, confused by the black surrounding his eyes.

"Um... he, uh..." Larissa looks at Sam for help.

"He didn't deserve this." Dean says.

"Cas, is he here? C-C-Can you... can you...?" Sam asks.

"I don't think so." Cas says.

"He's not with us anymore, baby." Sam tells Athena.

"Jackie's dead?" Athena asks.

"Yeah, baby." Sam winces. Athena immediately starts to sob and Sam brings her closer, Athena nuzzling her face into the crook of her dad's neck. Sam and Larissa share a sad look as Sam attempts to comfort their daughter.

"So, what? Chuck throws fucking zombies at us now?!" Dean asks.

"I don't know if they're zombies, Dean. I think... I think whenever the souls came up from Hell that they... they just..." Sam says.

"They what? Just jumped into the nearest body?" Dean asks.

"I guess, yes." Sam says.

"Is that thing gonna hold?" Dean asks as the door shakes.

"The doors are banded iron, so... I hope." Sam says.

"Chuck... he said, "Welcome to the end." What... what does that mean? Cas? Come on, man! Ideas! Can you smite our way out of here?" Dean asks.

"No. You saw them, I would be overwhelmed, Dean. I... I don't know. They... they're ghosts, technically. Maybe... maybe we can burn their bones?" Cas asks.

"Burn their bones? Cas, their bodies could be anywhere." Sam says.

"Great. So we go outside, we get ripped apart. We stay in here, w-what, starve to death?" Dean asks.

"Well, I wouldn't starve." Cas comments.

"Well, good for you. Good. Son of a bitch. Chuck. Man, I knew it. I knew he would do something like this. He's always so squirrelly, you know, with the... with the-the robe and the beard and... the smile that's, like, half nice, half "I'm gonna rip your throat out." "Oh, let me play you a song." Ugh!"

Dean notices Sam kneeling on the ground, still holding Athena, and his ear is pressed to the wall.

"What do you got? Sam." Dean calls.