055. possible evil twin

Dean walks into the library where Sam, Larissa, and Athena are. Sam is on his laptop and Athena is on Larissa's lap, coloring.

"Anything?" Dean asks, handing Sam a cup of coffee.

"Oh, thanks." Sam tells him. "Not yet. I put out an APB to every single hunter we know. But... Jack's off the grid."

"Kid was pretty spun out. We'll find him. I mean, there's gotta be a sign at some point, right?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam says.

"Kid can cause a tsunami with a hiccup."

"I don't know. Maybe he's covering his tracks."

"Or this apparent dearth of evidence is, in fact, the evidence." Cas states, walking in.

"The evidence of..." Sam trails off.

"Of some horrific misadventure that's befallen him, like being dragged down to Hell by Asmodeus. Or... I don't know, possibly worse, being hijacked to Heaven by angels." Cas says.

"Yeah, but isn't he too fast and furious for angels?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. Maybe not. That's what I'm gonna find out." Cas says.

"Find out from who? From-from the angels?" Sam asks.

"Yes." Cas answers.

"All right. Well, let's go." Dean stands up.

"Dean, you can't accompany me. My contact is already anxious about meeting and won't speak in the presence of a stranger." Cas says.

"So introduce me. Then I'm not a stranger. I'll bring a six pack."

"Dean, I swore I would protect this boy. Let me do this."

"Don't do anything stupid." Dean calls after him and Cas leaves. Dean sits back down as the door shuts.

"All right." Sam says.

"I guess we're stuck in idle." Dean comments.

"So... what do we do? Just-just sit around here and wait?" Sam asks.

"Well, we could work a case." Dean suggests. "We got three murders here a couple hundred miles apart, same M.O. They were all horribly tortured before having their throat slit. Look at the body. Next to it." Dean shows Sam the crime scene photo.

"She's a witch." Sam says, seeing a bunch of ingredients in the side of the photo.

"Mm-hmm." Dean nods.

"Were they all witches?"

"Looking like. These aren't hunter kills. They're-- they're more ritualistic, like a sacrament or something. Plus, all their places were ransacked, which means somebody was looking for something."

+++

Sam and Larissa are standing outside the police station and Athena is in the Impala and coloring. Sam is on his laptop, Larissa leaning against him to look at it with him.

"Yeah, Jody. No, I mean, we don't know what's going on." Dean tells her over the phone as he leaves the station. "We just know that they're all witches. Yeah. All right. Will do. Thanks." He hangs up.

"All right, check this out .This is the surveillance footage of the last victim before she was kidnapped and killed." Sam says, showing Dean the screen. "She turned down an alley and that's when she got grabbed."

"Wait, stop. Stop, stop." Dean says as Sam goes through the video. "There. Blow that up." Dean orders and Sam does so.

"Holy shit." Larissa mumbles.