001. ezekiel

Larissa walks into Sam's hospital room, hitting the end button on her phone.

"Kevin still isn't answering." Larissa says.

"You should go." Dean quietly says after a few moments.

"What?" She asks.

"You should go. Go-- go to the bunker. Make sure Athena and Kevin are okay. Make sure they're alive." Dean says.

"Wha-- I can't-- I can't just leave him." Larissa motions to Sam. "I can't just... I can't just leave him here without knowing if he's gonna-- if he's gonna di-- I can't." She says, tears welling in her eyes.

"He isn't gonna die." Dean assures. "I won't let him. I'll figure something out. Go make sure your kid and Kev are okay."

"But--"

"I will call you with any updates. I promise. Athena needs you." Dean says.

Larissa stares at Sam's unconscious form She sighs and walks over to Sam. She gently kisses him, brushing some hair behind his ear.

"Just come back to me, please." Larissa whispers. She wipes her eyes and looks at Dean. "You'll call me? For any sort of change -- good or bad?"

Dean nods.

Larissa starts to leave, but turns back. She reaches around Dean's shoulders, her head resting against his. Dean puts a hand on her arm, trying to still keep his emotions hidden. Larissa kisses him on the cheek before leaving.

+++

Larissa had to stop for gas and calls Dean.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Anything?" She asks.

"Uh... no. No, not yet." Dean tells her making her sigh. "But I, uh... I think I'm getting close to something. I'll call you when I'm sure."

"Well, what did--" She hears the line go dead. "Dean? Dean?" She looks at her phone and sees he hung up. "What the hell?"

+++

Larissa gets to the bunker and opens the door, walking in. She stops when an arrow flies and gets stuck in the railing of the stairs.

"What the fuck?" Larissa asks.

Kevin stands up from behind the barricade of books and a flipped over table he made and he's holding a crossbow.

"Rissa? You're alive! Oh, thank God. I thought I was gonna have to raise a baby." Kevin heaves in relief.

"Yeah, well, you're a shitty shot, Katniss." Larissa remarks, pulling the arrow out of the handrail. She jogs down the stairs as Kevin picks Athena up.

"Hi, baby." Larissa grins at her baby. Athena babbles and grins, seeing her mother. "Hi." Larissa takes Athena from Kevin and hugs her. "Oh, I'm so sorry I left you for so long. I love you." She kisses Athena on the head.

"It's been a bad day or so. I haven't slept or eaten, I... I'm pretty backed up." Kevin says.

"Oh, uh, okay, TMI." Larissa says. "Did you take care of her?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, she's had all the milk and diaper changes she could ask for. Figured if you were alive, you'd kill me if you found out I sucked at babysitting, so, I... I did my best." Kevin says.

"After we talked, this place went nuts. Th-there was some alarm and all the machines were freaking out, and the bunker just locked down. I couldn't open the door, my cell phone stopped working, I thought the world was ending!"

"Well, you're not far off. The angels fell." Larissa informs.

"What does that mean?" Kevin asks.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing nothing very good." Larissa says, taking her phone out. "I have service, too." Kevin flips a switch and the lights turn on and they can hear the mechanics whirring up.