064. gabriel's out

"Dean is in apocalypse world? Alone?" Cas asks as he, Larissa, and Sam walk down the hall, Sam carrying a tray of food.

"No. He's with Ketch, so he's not alone." Sam says.

"Because that makes it so much better." Cas says sarcastically.

"Cas, he wanted to go solo." Sam says.

"And you let him?" Cas asks.

"It's Dean. He's pretty hard to stop. It's kinda annoying." Larissa says.

"He didn't exactly give us much of a choice. Anyways, Dean's right. As long as he's over there, and we're here, we need to be taking care of Gabriel, getting him right again." Sam says.

Sam opens the door to a bedroom and Cas turns the light on.

"Gabriel?" Sam calls. They find the archangel huddled in a corner.

"You didn't tell me it was this bad." Cas says.

"Yeah, well, years of isolation and torture and Asmodeus draining his grace. Come here. Help me out." Sam says, him and Cas walking over to the Gabriel. Larissa stands near the end of the bed. Sam puts the tray of food down.

"Hey, Gabriel. Hey, pal." Sam says. Gabriel recoils in terror when Sam touches his arm. "Okay. Oh-- just... gonna get ya to bed, all right? Let me, uh, help you up. It's okay. It's okay." Sam and Cas help Gabriel onto the bed, the archangel trembling in terror.

"It's okay. Gabriel, it's Sam Winchester. Do you remember me? Do you remember Larissa?" Sam asks, nodding over to Larissa. Gabriel glances at her, but doesn't reply.

"I don't think he does." Cas says.

"Remember the video you sent to my brother, Dean Winchester, and me after you... supposedly died? You told us how to stuff Lucifer back in the cage." Sam says.

"Sam, he doesn't..." Cas says.

"I know he doesn't. I'm just... trying to see if anything's going on in his head. All right, well..." Sam takes the vial of grace out. "Gabriel's grace. Ketch brought it. Maybe if he's juiced up, it'll help." He offers him the grace. "All right."

"Sam, I don't think he's gonna open up and let the choo-choo in." Cas says. Sam gives him a weird look. "A technique for feeding recalcitrant children."

"I know what it is, Cas. I do have a four year old." Sam says.

"Have never been able to get that girl to eat anything green." Larissa says.

"I think a little coercion may be necessary." Cas says.

"Uh, yeah, I don't think it is. Guys--" Larissa is cut off as Sam and Cas try to hold Gabriel down. Gabriel freaks out, quickly running to a corner of the room and huddling up.

+++

"Sam! Larissa!" The two hear Cas yell and they both run to Gabriel's room and find Enochian all over the walls.

"What is this? Is-- did he do this? Enochian?" Sam asks.

"It's his story. Starts with his death. Or... what appeared to be his death." Cas says.

""Per usual, my brother had double my brawn and half my brains. He assumed the counterfeit me was what vanished that night and he thought that he'd stabbed the real thing. The truth is, the thing Luci skewered was a fake. There are plenty of fakes to go around. Everyone believed Gabriel was gone. And suddenly, I was free. No obligation to God or Heaven or mankind. And so, I did what anyone would do -- I moved to Monte Carlo and shacked up with porn stars.""