006. evil angel extraction

Dean and Larissa are in the library and packing. The room is a mess after Dean had a small breakdown. They gave Kevin a hunter's funeral and now have to find Sam.

"Dean. Larissa." The two turn to see Cas.

"Cas. Now, look at you, all suited up and back in the game." Dean says.

"I, um... I came as soon as you called. I wa--" Cas notices the mess. "Dean, what happened? What's wrong?"

~ ~ ~

"Sammy was dying. What was I supposed to do?" Dean asks after explaining everything.

"You let an angel possess him?" Cas asks.

"He said it was the only way, and I believed him. Now Sam's gone. Kevin's..." Dean trails off.

"Dean, Larissa, I'm sorry." Cas says.

"Yeah, well... sorry don't pay the bills, does it? It sure as hell ain't gonna bring Kevin back. We got to find that son of a bitch." Dean says.

"Dean. If the angel possessing Sam isn't Ezekiel, then who is it?" Cas asks.

"A dead man walking."

"What, you're gonna destroy him?"

"Damn right."

"You kill an angel, its vessel dies, too."

"Think I don't know that? If I don't end Sam and that halo burns him out and I... God, I was so damn stupid."

Larissa feels the tears well in her eyes at the thought of losing Sam. At the thought of Athena losing him.

"You were stupid for the right reasons." Cas says.

"Yeah, like that matters." Dean says.

"It does. Sometimes that's all that matters. Listen to me. Sam is strong. If he knew an angel was possessing him, he could fight. He could cast the angel out."

"Maybe. But as far as I know, he's in the dark. I don't know how we clue him in."

"Do you remember Alfie?"

"The kid angel? Yeah. Why?"

"Before he died, he told me the demons were able to dig into his mind, access his coding. We might be able to do that here. Might be able to-- to bypass the angel and talk directly to Sam."

"And you think that would work?"

"I don't know, but I think we should try."

"Okay. Um, where do we start?"

~ ~ ~

"Hello, boys, Rissa."

"Here's the deal. You're gonna tell us how to hack an angel, and I'm gonna give you some of the good stuff." Dean holds up a syringe of blood. "Human blood, fresh from the tap." He pats his arm. "Word is you're jonesing for it."

"Please. I'll pass." Crowley scoffs.

"What do you want, then?" Cas asks.

"Well, for starters... a massage. Between the sitting and the shackles, a body gets a little stiff." Crowley says.

"Yeah, I ain't rubbing you." Dean says.

"God, no. Get Kevin. His tiny fists can really work wonder--"

"Kevin is dead." Cas states.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't pretend you care. You tried to kill him."

"I told him this was gonna happen. I was the only person who tried to warn him. I told him to run."

"From what?" Dean asks.