016. inheritance

"Mama, mama." Athena quickly waddles into the bathroom where Larissa was hoping for five seconds of peace. The woman sighs as her child walks up to her, her hands going on Larissa's knees. "Mama."

"What, baby?" Larissa asks.

"Dada seep." Athena informs.

"He's still asleep?" Larissa asks and Athena nods.

"Okay, gimme a minute, babe." She tells Athena.

"He seep."

"I know, but mama's peeing. We can't wake him up with me on the toilet." Larissa says.

After finishing up and washing her hands, Larissa leading Athena out of the bathroom.

"Here. You're gonna jump on the bed, okay?" Larissa whispers. Athena excitedly nods. "Okay." Larissa lifts Athena up onto the bed. Athena immediately starts jumping on the bed, both that and her giggles waking Sam up.

The giggles prevent him from grabbing the gun under his pillow. Sam grunts as a weight lands on, the giggles now in his face. He opens his eyes, seeing Athena in his face, her short curls falling into his.

"Hi." She giggles out.

"Hi, baby." He tiredly chuckles. He helps her sit up on his chest, her hands gripping onto his shirt for balance.

"I'm assuming you were in on this?" He spots Larissa by her bag.

"Well, she didn't exactly climb up by herself, I'll say that." Larissa says with a small smirk.

"You're evil." Sam says, sitting up, readjusting Athena to sit on his lap.

"You love it." Larissa remarks.

"I'm getting you back for this." Sam says.

"Uh-huh. Sure. You know waking up to those giggles is the best thing ever." Larissa states.

"Yeah, I guess." Sam mutters. He tickles Athena making her giggles and squirm and he smiles, stopping after a few moments, the toddler's giggles slowly coming to a stop.

"Well, I'll let you get ready. Thena, mommy or daddy?" Larissa asks.

"Mama." Athena climbs out of her dad's lap, rushing to her mom.

"They always want mama." Larissa says, picking her daughter up.

+++

Sam walks up to Dean, Larissa, and Athena who are at the Impala.

"Hey, yo." Sam calls. "Individually brewed." Sam hands a cup to Dean. "Technology, man."

"Real men don't drink out of cups this small." Dean says.

"Real men don't care." Larissa remarks.

"What is that, cinnamon roll?" Dean asks, sniffing the coffee.

"It's, uh, glazed donut." Sam says. Larissa's nose scrunches up in disgust. "Look, man, if you don't want it, I..."

"Nah, it's... got it." Dean takes a sip of the coffee.

"Here. I know you don't like glazed donuts, so, uh, they had caramel." Sam says.

"Ooh." Larissa grins, taking the cup from Sam.

"So, any leads on the scanner or the Interweb?" Dean asks.

"Nothing. Not even a cat up a tree." Sam says.

"So right when we're ready to jump back into it, it goes, uh, radio silence." Dean says.

"Murphy's law." Sam says.