042. mother's love

Dean is looking at the board of research when Sam and Larissa walk in.

"Yeah, we were looking at that earlier. Cas has been busy, huh?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, busy not finding Kelly Kline or her Rosemary's baby." Dean says. "I mean, how's a chick like that just drop off the map?"

"Apparently, very easily." Larissa comments.

"Well, I think that's what he's trying to figure out." Sam says, sitting down. Larissa holds her arms out and Sam nods, understanding her silent question. Larissa sits on his lap, leaning against his chest, her arm resting around his shoulders.

Since she knows Sam isn't always the biggest fan of physical affection with other people around, she always makes sure to ask if it's anything more than holding his hand or a kiss to the cheek or a hug.

"Hey, you, uh, you hear from mom yet?" Sam asks his brother.

"Yeah, she called last night, said she's got a line on a shapeshifter in Atlanta. I said we could come help, and she said, "Don't bother." Apparently, she's "got it."" Dean says.

"Then she's probably got it." Sam says.

"Yeah." Dean mumbles.

"Mom's good." Sam says.

"I just think she jumped back into this a little quick, don't you?"

"I don't think we have the kind of mom who's gonna stay home and make us chicken soup for dinner, you know? You talk to Cas yet?"

"No."

"So, what, you're just gonna keep walking past each other in the kitchen, not saying a word?"

"Maybe."

"Look, yes, Cas killed Billie, but he saved us. He saved mom. How long are you gonna stay pissed?"

"I'm not pissed that he cares about us, you know. I'm-- I'm grateful. But Billie said there would be "cosmic consequences" if that deal got broken. You have any idea what that means?"

"No."

"Neither do I, but I'm pretty sure it ain't jellybeans and g-strings."

"My point is, Cas thought he was doing the right thing."

"I was doing the right thing." Cas states, walking in.

"You sure about that?" Dean asks.

"Yes." Cas answers.

"Yeah? Well, I'm not so sure. And when the other shoe drops--"

"I'll deal with it."

"I'm glad we're the bystanders and not the fighters for once." Larissa mumbles making Sam chuckle.

"Agreed." He quietly says, placing a kiss to her shoulder and his arms wrap around her waist.

"I have to go." Cas says.

"Got a lead on Kelly?" Sam asks.

"No. This is personal." Cas says.

"Meaning what?" Dean asks.

"Another angel. An old friend. He called out for help." Cas says.

"Oh. Good old reliable angel radio." Dean says.

"He was begging for help and then he just stopped. I need to know if he's still alive." Cas says.

"Yeah, all right. Well... we'll come with you." Sam says, Larissa nodding in agreement.

"All of you?" Cas asks, the three looking at Dean.

"Sure. Yeah, we could help. Gotta make sure you don't do anything else stupid." Dean says.