Ch. 8 - Hensbane and Poppies

Start from the beginning

"Get the hell off me so we can just get this over with! I don't care if you brought tea, I just want to eat!"

"Fine, but you're trying it! It's jasmine tea mixed with honey because I heard it's very relaxing! You're always so tense!"

"Fine, whatever! Just let me go before I force feed you some very 'relaxing' oleander."

(Y/n) spat, beginning to reach into his sleeve with an angry glare.
Doma simply chuckled and dropped him.
(Y/n) landed with a grunt and dusted himself off.

"You're so cute when you're mad! I could just eat you up!"

"I bet you'd look better if you were dead. You look like an albino Christmas tree with your hair and eyes."

(Y/n) huffed and rushed off, Doma following closely with one of his fans covering the lower half if his face.

"Looking for anything in particular, my lovely Apple Blossom?"

"Anything that isn't human. If you don't shut up you'll be it."

"You should eat women! They're very nutrition rich and-"

"Did you not hear me? Anything not human. Eating people or even just drinking their blood sounds so disgusting. I'm strong enough without eating them anyway, so I have no reason to."

"But I'm sure if you did eat humans, you'd be strong enough to beat Kokushibo! Oh, I'd love to see that fight! Please-"

"I will never fight Kokushibo. Even if I was strong enough to take him down, he's the only thing that's made me feel human, even if I don't remember how that feels. Drop it, you're scaring everything away."

(Y/n) said in a ordering tone and sped up, leaving Doma to roll his eyes and catch up in pace.
They ran in silence for a while before (y/n) suddenly came to a stop, catching Doma off guard as he ran into a tree.

"Shit, sorry, my Angel's Trumpet."

(Y/n) whispered and drew his katana, jogging in a different direction.
Doma looked confused why he had apologized but shrugged it off and followed him quietly.
When Doma caught up to him, (y/n) was crouched behind a thick clump of bushes across from him.
When (y/n) saw Doma, he motioned for him to come over with a panicked expression.
Before Doma could react, his thoughts were interrupted by the angry growl of a bear.

"Blood demon art: Blade of flowers! Seventh form, Soothing Hydrangea Nectar!"

(Y/n) called out and lunged towards the bear that was now running towards Doma.
With one swift swing, (y/n) brought his blade down on the back of the bears' neck.
A wave of purple liquid followed the blade as the head was severed from the body, the heavy beast crashing into the the ground.
(Y/n) landed next to Doma and nudged him back with the butt of his katana as the headless body skidded to a stop in front of them.
(Y/n) let out a heavy sigh and flicked blood off his blade, sheathing it and clasping his hands in a prayer.

"You were upwind from it.."

"I'm sorry, my lovely Apple Blossom! I didn't-"

"It's fine, I bearly sensed it myself. I was hoping for a bear anyway, just didn't execute it as I planned... at least it was painless. Care for any?"

(Y/n) asked, walking over to the body and beginning to cut up the meat in sections with his nails.
Doma was stunned, to stay the least.
He was shocked that (y/n) was suddenly so passive towards him that he didn't hear his question the first time.