Chapter 6: Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Mr. Scrooge walks into the security room while Candy Cane and Gingerbread were waiting for him.  What they told him over the COM, he couldn't believe it.

"All right, you're telling me there's a g**damn Santa Claus running around with the Doc here?" He snorts as he scans the security camera screens. Soon, they see Noelle pacing with a man two times her size through the compound. "Okay, well, he looks jolly as fuck, but who the hell is he?" He asks sarcastically.

Candy Cane was going through a list, "There's no Santa listed on the employee manifest. But I've been hearing that Dr. Lightstone is dating someone. So far, I only caught his first name. 'Nick'."

Scrooge snorts, "St. Nick. Come to rescue his damsel in distress, I bet."

"Yeah, there's more." Gingerbread speaks up, "Frosty hasn't checked in. I can't reach him."

"All right, keep trying." Scrooge continues to watch the security footage. Eying Noelle, "This bitch is really messing with my night. And had to bring her boyfriend in this shit. Well, looks like Romeo and Juliet are going to an early ending to their story." He scoffs and turns, "All right, it's official." He alerts his team through their COMs, "We got a gopher and he's with Dr. Lightstone. Both of them are on the loose and the gopher is dangerous. Watch your backs." He warns as he heads back to the family room to find out who exactly is the Santa Claus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Noelle and Santa left the basement, she managed to grab a thick coat and shoes that fit from the servant staff closet. The two of them both carefully rush towards the booth, keeping a close eye out for anything.

Santa pants as he scans the area, but looks down at Noelle with guilt, feeling terrible that he never got the chance to properly tell her about him.

"You know, I can feel you staring at me." Noelle scoffs as she continues to look around.

Santa sighs, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I honestly was going to...tomorrow, to be honest. That was the surprise. I was gonna show up, with the sleigh and reindeer and...then I was going to show you who was I was. I didn't want you to find out...like this."

"You should have told me from the start." Noelle sighs.

"Well, you wouldn't have given me your number." He points out.

Noelle scoffs and starts laughing, rubbing her head, "Well, that's true." She snorts and hears him chuckling. She sighs deeply and stops to turn and face him, watching him stop in front of her as well, "I want to hear everything. Right now, I forgive you, but when this is over, I was us both to sit down and talk about this. Everything. Okay?"

He gives her a crooked smile, "I promise." He nods and sighs, relieved that she wasn't mad anymore. He pulls her against his side and holds her as they continue to head on.

"His booth should be around the corner. Come on." Noelle rushes towards the security booth as Santa follows her. 

As they were drawing closer, Santa could see someone sitting in a chair through the window, "Al? Al?" He calls out.

"Al!" Noelle calls out, but gasps as she skids to a halt at the door.  "Oh, my god!" She cries in shock.  There before both of them, Al, the head of the security gates, sat dead with a gunshot wound to the head, blood trailed down his face, staining his suit. Noelle sobs the loss of their family friend. 

"Don't look. Don't look!" Santa turns her fast, pressing her face against his chest.  "Oh, shit." He sighs in sympathy as he cradles her head in his hand.  Al was on his nice list.  Always kind to all and so giving. He didn't deserve this.  "I'm sorry." He whispers to Noelle.  He sighs and moves away to check the phones.  They were dead.