Chapter 1: Christmas Eve

Bristol, England
Christmas Eve 10pm

Sitting in Wee Johnny's pub, alone once again, Santa Claus drowns himself in several pints before he heads back out delivering presents to the children.  He's already gotten China, all of Europe, Australia, practically every place in the east.  Next stop will be North and South America, then Canada...then...home to finally relax and sleep away this holiday.  It was getting worse for Santa.  The greed of this world was continuously growing and he was getting fed up with it.  The Jukebox plays 'Holly Jolly Christmas' in the background as he downs the last big gulp of his pint.  Only thing he was looking forward to was spending Christmas Day with Noelle. In just a week, it'll officially be one year since they met, one year of blissful dating that wonderful woman.  She was the only thing that made his life looked like it was worth living.  He chuckles as he thinks back when they went on their first date. 

January 5th 2022

Santa took her out to the best restaurant in town.  Which was a big mistake because everyone around them seemed so...snotty, uptight.  All he could hear around him was how much everyone was making a year, what big things they own, how many cars they had.  It wasn't his scene and Noelle could see that and agreed. She wasn't into fancy restaurants like most of her family is.  After paying the check, the two of them took off to the nearest bar and grill and had a wonderful time. 

Noelle cheers as she threw a dart at the board and hit the bullseye, "Woo!" She laughs at his shocked face.

"Oh, that's bullshit!" Santa glares at the dartboard in shock and annoyance, dressed in his civilian clothes again, he had to hide his true identity this time.  He even changed his hair and trimmed his beard.  He knew it wasn't going to last much longer.  Probably after the date, it'll grow back and gray out again. 

Noelle cackles and does a silly gloating dance in front of him, "Don't go hating me now." She giggles.

"Okay, okay," He gulps down another beer, "Best two out of three."

Noelle laughs, "You're on."

"But lets raise the stakes." He clears his throat.  "If you miss this shot, you gotta give me a kiss." He grins as she arches a brow at him.  "If you make it...I'll buy this bar around of drinks."  A few people cheered around them as they hear that bet.

Noelle chuckles in confidence, "Okay, I'll take that bet.  Better have your wallet ready." She smirks and begins to line up the dart with the board.  But before she could make her shot, Santa slams his lips over hers, making her miss the shot completely.  She squeals in surprise, but falls into his kiss.  He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her close against him.  This time...they didn't glow.

From what the elves have told him, Noelle Lightstone...accordingly to this prophecy, she is his Mrs. Claus.  The woman who is destined to be his for the rest of his life.  When he found out about this...well...the elves learned a few new cuss words.  As badly as he wanted a companion, why did it have to be like this?  He didn't know how to woo a mortal woman in this day and age.  Back then, before Christmas was created, he could just take a woman and say that she was his with no questions asked.  But he wasn't that man anymore.  He wanted to slowly reel her in, get to know her better, and then when the time is right, he'll tell her all about himself, the true self.  Another thing they added, the elves; when Santa asked why did they glow, his head elf states that the magic of Christmas is connected to them.  The closer Christmas is, the stronger the magic grows and so will the love between them.  With it being a new year, Christmas was just 12 months away, growing little by little.  So, by December, he needed to be careful with kissing her in public.