Chapter 3: Santa's in the House

As the children all over the world slept peacefully in their beds, Santa Claus was making his nightly rounds of deliveries.  Enjoying the milk and cookies that the children left out for him.

"GAG!" Santa dry heaves the milk he tried to swallow, spitting it back into the glass.  He sighs and shakes his head, another crappy milk product. Tasted like it's been left out for days. 

After leaving the gifts, he takes off towards the next house, lazily whipping the reins as the reindeer guides him.  He prays that the next house will have beer.  As soon as he gets there, he goes to the stocking stuffers and scoffs, flicking the cash stuffed in the stockings with his finger.  The sight of it was mocking him continuously.  He tosses the gift cards the kids wanted in the air and rolls his eyes to head back up the chimney.

Next house...a tree filled with packages from Amazon under it. He scoffs and lazily tosses one gift at the tree then turns back to head up the Chimney.

He managed to score some beer in the middle of deliveries and begins to suck them down like a frat boy.  Stabbing the beer can in the middle and quickly chugging the beer down his throat.  With a loud sigh and a belch, Santa whoops in drunken cheers. 

Entering another house, he finds a Christmas list taped to a wooden Santa figure.  He glares at the list in annoyance.

'Cash, cash, cash, cash, cash...video games.'

He crumbles the paper into a ball and flicks it out of his hand, sending it flying across the room. 

In the air, riding through Washington, DC, Santa needed a bathroom break, but he couldn't make anymore stops that didn't include a house.  So he gets up on his feet, swaying a little and frees himself from his pants.  With a loud sigh, he pisses in the air with the wind whistling loudly.  He grunts and buzzes his lips. 

"Looks like rain tonight..." He mutters. 

Entering another house, he quietly grips his bag and freezes when he sees a drunk father passed out in a chair.  Santa frowns and sees a small child in her crib.  Poor girl.  He quietly places a gift next to her and gently pats her back.  Moving towards the father, he leaves him a lump of coal...and steals his 6-pack. 

"Another fucking Christmas." Santa grumbles softly and heads back up to his sleigh. 

Gulping loudly, Santa rides once again, chugging another beer and tossing the can away.  He belches loudly and lies back agains the sleigh.  He grunts and whips the reins again with little effort.  He didn't want to be here anymore and his consideration of hanging up the hat is growing stronger.  He reaches into his coat and pulls out a cellphone.  He wasn't one with technology, but Noelle got him this phone for his 'birthday'.  At least, he thinks it was his birthday.  He's been around so long he wasn't even sure anymore when he was born.  He flips through the photos and chuckles at the pictures of him and Noelle together.  He sighs softly as he zooms in on her smiling face.  God, he loved her so much.  And he was blessed to have her in his life.  He chuckles as he sees a picture taken when they celebrated St. Patrick's day together. 

St. Patrick's Day
March 17th

It must have been their 20th date that night and it hasn't gotten old with them. Except for Santa. As the months go by, his beard was getting starting to gray and get a little longer. Even started to curl up a little. He struggled to keep the gray out and trimmed it again for date night. Noelle was definitely not like any other woman. A woman of her class would demand the most expensive restaurants, flowers, wine, and jewelry. Shopping trips. Chick flicks. But not Noelle. No.

Laughing together, the two of them stumble into Noelle's penthouse apartment...all paid for by her Grandma. Santa and Noelle just came back from an all-green celebration that a friend of hers was throwing. Noelle was dressed in a t-shirt that was bright green with a leprechaun on it and checkered pants of green and black. Santa wore a white shirt that was stained with green paint. Done by her friend's kids. And green jeans. One of the party games that her friend threw was a paint war, even her kids played with them.