Chapter 8: A Bit Tied Up

As time flies by, it was getting pretty boring for some in the family room. Mainly, for Krampus. He eyes all the rich people and begins to smirk as an idea for entertainment pops in his mind. He chuckles to himself and grins at them all.

"Hey. I got an idea." He walks around Gertrude, making her flinch and move away from him. "This will be fun. Why don't you guys open your presents? I want to see what you rich assholes get each other. And some of you might not make it till tomorrow morning, so this could be your only chance." He warns, wanting to see them all whimper and panic.

Gertrude throws back a martini as Krampus coaxes them sinisterly, "Come on. Where's the Christmas spirit?" He shrugs as he holds on to his rifle.

Morgan looks around and hesitantly raises his hand, "Uh..."

Krampus looks over towards him with raised brows and mocking curiosity.

"Gertrude, uh, I got you something pretty special." Morgan states with a small smile.

"Did you hear that, Gertrude? He got you something amazing." Krampus mocks and giggles excitedly as he skips to check out his gift to her. "Oh, what could it be? Oh, my God, this is so exciting!"

Morgan moves to get his gift under the tree and walks back over to Gertrude, sitting on the ottoman in front of her, "Mom. Can I call you Mom?" Gertrude gives him a blank look as Alva discreetly shakes her head. Clearing his throat, "Mrs. Lightstone." He holds up his portfolio of his film that he's been waiting on night to give her. "Okay, so in this business, they call this..." He holds up the folder that had a picture of himself with explosions and airplanes behind him and the title was posted over him, 'Explosive Force'. It was a financial plan portfolio. "...a pitch deck."

Krampus gives him a weird look as he eyes the picture with a arched brow and a amused snort.

"Pitch deck." Alva states, showing support.

"Yeah. It's called 'Explosive Force'. Starring me." Morgan smirks proudly. "And if you look in the back, there are the financial numbers. I'm kind of a big deal in Asia."

Krampus rolls his eyes.

"Parts of Asia, at least." Morgan stutters.

"We were in parts of Asia once, and, like, we couldn't even go to a restaurant." Alva points out.

"Ah, what is there a better gift than..." Morgan hands her the plan portfolio with pride, "...a gift of a golden opportunity?" He smiles.

Gertrude nods and takes the plan, but she had a very easily read distaste look and that had Krampus laughing his ass off.

"Oh, no." He laughs heartily. "Granny doesn't like it." He continues to laugh.

It was Alva's turn, "Mother, I got you something special." She smiles and hands her a present.

Gertrude gives her a box with a bow on top. Gertrude gives her a very small smile full of bitterness as she removes the top of the box and pulls out a large picture of her younger self...holding Alva when she was a baby. One of the worst days of her life.

Alva smiles big, "It's a sentimental photo of the day I was born."

"I remember." Gertrude smiles and nods, then drops it to a cold look, "I was there." She says bitterly.

Alva's smile drops and Krampus laughs more, "She doesn't give a shit. Hahaha!" He takes the photo and throws it across the room. Alva jumps as she hears it shatter. "Swing and miss again! This is so fun."

"Mommy, how about another one?" Alva doesn't give up sucking up to her mother. Gertrude shakes her head, but Alva wasn't stopping, "I got you a lot of good things. I'll grab one." She gets up, but Gertrude cuts her off.