•Part 6 | Ford Finds Out•

You decided to eat all on your own, still at the same diner, which oddly enough the 'Pines' weren't eating there, you didn't seem to notice any other place in town to eat. You were eating calmly but you kept your mind occupied by counting the cars that went by, weird hobby but it was still good enough to keep your mind distracted, instead of spiraling down a weird hole of thoughts.

You finished eating and started your walk back home, still checking you had your wallet, and you did. You got back and felt more comfortable than before. Just knowing nobody cared if you were a stranger or not. It felt nice to be cared for in the indirect way. You went to your room and unpacked 2 of the bags completely. Around 6:30 is when you finished unpacking the both of them.

You left the other bags to unpack another day. Your eye patch got very itchy again so you took it off and threw it on the bedside table, you thought the whole family was out eating so it was fine to leave the door open. You would just listen for the front door and put the eye patch back on when you did hear it, at least, that was the plan.

You were calmly staring out the window on the edge of the bed drifting into thoughts when you heard steps coming towards your door. You didn't even hear a door so when you jerked your head around, whoever was walking was now in the doorway, it was Ford. He glanced in the room for what seemed like a second as he was walking by then jerked his head back to see in the room and stopped walking.

"Y/N? I thought everyone was out eating." He said now fully standing in the doorway. You were kinda half turned to the door, so your eye wasn't very visible, yet. "Yeah I guess I got back earlier than the others." You said not turning your head hoping he wouldn't notice the eye. He seemed to notice anyway, despite your 'best' efforts, you immediately noticed the moment that he did.

"Is your eye ok? It looks.. red?" He said turning his head trying to see it. "Yeah it's fine, all fine, it's just something that I uhh, was born with, so- uhh-." You didn't even know how to continue your own sentence. You both stood in awkward silence. Finally the silence was broken, "No need to be ashamed of it, it looks fine." Ford said taking a small step more into the room.

You felt your face get a bit more red and face away from him, still not speaking. "I still have things to do so we can chat later-." Ford said swiftly walking out the room. You listened to his footsteps getting further and further away untill you couldn't hear them anymore. And when you couldn't, you walked over to the door and shut it.

Now two people in the house knew, and one of them is definitely gonna tell the rest. Unless your the god of luck or something. How the hell were you gonna fix this? No use in trying to make him forget anything. Just let it play out if it ever does..

Now that you were out of that situation, you did feel tired but couldn't sleep even if you tried. You were just drifting into more and more thoughts. Each thought weirder than the last. You couldn't stop thinking about anything. It was stressful just sitting there so you eventually sat up and started pacing around your room.

Then you heard the front door open and shut, you heard small running footsteps getting closer to your room. It was Mabel, she burst into your room and saw you were stressed. "Hey you look. Upset? Stressed? What happened?" She said shutting the door behind her. "Stanford saw my eye and now I'm panicking" you said swiftly.

"Oh uhh. I'm sure it's fine he doesn't talk to anyone but us so I'm sure it's fine." She said walking closer. "By 'us' you mean your family. I have spoken with him two times for under two minutes." "Well I'm sure it's ok, do you want me to talk to him?" You both sat in awkward silence for a moment. "If you want to sure just try not to make it weirder than it already is."

After a few moments Mabel left the room and you were feeling a bit better so you decided to just try to calm down in your bed. You had a lot of thoughts in your head. After a few minutes you didn't even realize that you fell asleep. You were on top of the covers so you were a bit cold but still stayed asleep.

Ford POV:

I rushed back down to the lab, I could feel my face getting hot. I got to the vending machine and Stanley walked in with dipper and Mabel. I entered the code to the machine and went downstairs quickly. I tried to focus and couldn't. She seemed so embarrassed about her eye, but it looked fine. I guess I'm the same way with my hands.

Suddenly I heard small footsteps running down the stairs. "Dipper? Is that you?" "Nope! Is me" Mabel responded. "Mabel? You barely come down here. Did you need something?" I said as I stood up from my desk and walked over to Mabel. "Y/N said you saw her eye and she just didn't want anyone else to know." After a single second in silence, "Well Im not going to tell anyone if she is uncomfortable with it. Also she told you?" "Yup! and if I kept it secret you can to. Thanks grunkle Ford!" And with that Mabel went upstairs.

Back To You:

You woke up from the fact you got cold, and got under the blanket to fall back asleep. But you couldn't, you normally take a moment to fall asleep. So you were just enjoying the warmth under the bed, completely forgetting about earlier. And finally after about 4 minutes, you fell back asleep.