•Part 5 | Bond With The Family•

You were still shocked that on your third day you got a place to stay, maybe not what you were expecting but it was still a place to sleep. You were flipping through another old astrology book when you heard a knock on the door, odd judgment of you but it you knew it wasn't Mabel or Dipper because the knock would be smaller or lower so you immediately got up and walked to the door and opened calmly. It wasn't Stan.

You had to look up a bit to properly look him in the eyes. "You're Y/N right?" The deep soothing voice said as soon as the door opened. "Yeah that's me, you are.?" You said trying desperately not to sound awkward. "I'm Stanford. But please call me Ford. Im Stan's brother. I apologize if I seemed rude earlier for not speaking to you. I had some work to finish." "No problem, you agreed to let me stay here so I can't complain really." You said calmly. "Well Mabel wants you downstairs, but there's no rush she said." Ford said and started his walk downstairs.

You followed shortly after because you walked fast down stairs so you didn't want to bump into him. Mabel immediately jumped out with a pig in her arms, "This is waddles!" She said with joy. "Oh eh. Hello." "Waddles is like a house pet and does come when I call him juat like a dog!  I just don't want you to be surprised if you see him walking around." She said setting down the pig. "Alright then kid did you need anything else?" "No I'll leave you to unpack in your room, I wanna go talk to dipper anyway." She said strolling up the stairs behind you.

You walked back to your room and your eye patch was getting itchy so you took it off and set it down on the bedside table. And you unpacked a few more things, trying to get comfortable with the new surroundings. Then suddenly the door opened and Mabel was there about to speak. "Hey Y/N I was wondering.." she trailed off and looked at your eye. "Uhh Mabel please don't think anything weird of this.." You said quickly grabbing your eye patch and tying it on.

"Sorry Y/N I just was surprised it looks really cool actually! I was just wondering if you were gonna eat with us or go out to eat." You were shocked she didn't make an odd comment about your eye. "Oh. If nobody minds I suppose I'll eat with you guys." "Grunkle Ford usually doesn't eat with us, and grunkle Stan likes to eat in the living room, so it will probably just be me and Dipper." She said stepping into the room more. "Alright then I suppose I will, as long as nobody else minds." You said once again kneeling down to her height. "Nobody else minds, I just needed to know for grunkle Stan, so he can make and extra plate." She said strolling out of the room.

You sighed with relief after a calm reaction about your eye. After a few moments you made you way downstairs. You walked into the kitchen, Mabel and Dipper were already eating. An extra plate of food sat there for you. "That one's my plate right?" You just wanted to make sure it wasn't Ford's plate. "Yeah that one's yours" Mabel gave you a response. You sat down and began eating. Still feeling very awkward.

Once you finished the food you washed your plate. Just so you didn't seem rude. As soon as you finished you went back upstairs into 'your' room. It was getting late so you just shut your door calmly and relaxed in an actual bed for the first time in a while. You took off the eye patch and your shoes. After a moment you drifted into sleep.

In the morning, you saw it was still 7:00 am, so you thought nobody would even be awake. But you still stayed in your room, waiting for something to come get you or at least call your name. So you just were tidying up the room hoping that it would look decent. You really appreciated that this family let you stay with them, you wouldn't have stayed in the valley if not for them. So you cleaned and didn't want to unpack much just in case the family changed their mind.

You looked around and couldn't find your eye patch, you searched frantically trying to find it and still keep things neat, but you couldn't find it at all. You thought you had an extra so you looked through some unpacked things and eventually found one, you tied it on just in case anyone barged in like Mabel, but you couldn't complain, it was their house after all.

You looked back over at the clock and it was 9:30 am now. So you patiently rested in bed until someone needed something from you. Suddenly Mabel came into your room. "Y/N! Dipper heard you say you played that nerd game and he wanted to see if you would play, he didn't play with Grunkle Ford because he's busy."
She said shortly after, checking if you were awake. "Oh yeah. Where is his room? Or where is he gonna play?" You said standing up and adjusting your eye patch as you got up. She took you to her and her brothers room and she showed you in and pulled waddles out. "I'm going over to candy and Grenda's place, bye dip-dop!" She said rushing out the door.

You and Dipper were chatting, getting to know each other and talking about d,d and more D while playing. He seemed more mature for his age, but you were that same way so you understood. "So do you have dice with you?" Dipper asks randomly, probably curious because a good dm always has dice. "I only have two since I've been moving most my life but I can get them if you want." You say pointing your thumb at the door. "Yeah I'd love to see them!"

You walked over to the room they gave you and searched the bag and pulled out the dice sets. (They looked like this):

 (They looked like this):

You came back with the dice in two separate little bags, and he thought they looked so cool, you were glad he enjoyed them and didn't feel weird with a new stranger in the house

You came back with the dice in two separate little bags, and he thought they looked so cool, you were glad he enjoyed them and didn't feel weird with a new stranger in the house. "How did you get these??" He said looking up, with stars faintly in his eyes "well the blue dice I got in Texas at a pawn shop, for 50 cents and the gold and purple I got when I lived in Ohio, on my birthday." You said putting the dice sets in the respective bags.

"Well if you don't mind, Great uncle Ford said he'd be ready to play D, D and more D by this time, so do you mind if I..?" "I don't mind kid, I'll just relax in my room for a bit." You say standing up and heading for the door "I could ask him if you wanna play with us?" He said just before you entered the room they gave you. "I mean, you can ask but I won't be offended if he doesn't want me to join." You said waving to the kid and calmly shutting the door.

It was only 1:00 pm so you just started flipping through your old astrology book when suddenly Mabel came back to the shack and went into your room. "Hey! I'm back from my freinds house, watcha reading??" She said getting on her tippy toes and peaking over the book. "Oh just my old notes from my old job, I used to be an astronomer." You say proud of your past job. "Woah really?? Like with space and the stars??" She said as her eyes lit up. "Wow you keep a journal just like Grunkle Ford. That's two things you guys have in common! Have you spoke to him yet? He's very nice, just rough at first." She said tugging slightly on your arm. "I mean he told me you wanted to talk to me. That's it?" You said a tad confused.

"Alright well were going out for dinner today, did you wanna come with us?" She said just before she was about to leave the room. "I might, not sure though, I might eat on my own." "Alright then, let me know if you change your mind!" She said and strolled out of the room.