Nobody likes a quitter, or a murderer

Evan stopped by the apartment to ask me what had happened. I told him I was sorry that I didn't find his friend but wasn't that lucky that the police stumbled on him.

He thanked me for getting his friend home. I'm not a very good liar. He said that the friend was in rehab now. It's too bad that you can't have visitors in those places. I would have liked to have talked to him about what was going on.

I've got some bookings coming up and I'm excited to get back on the road for a while. I've been in this place for too long. Everything feels out of balance. It's not healthy for me to stay in the same place for very long.

I listened to a podcast about a boxer that won 6 fights and lost more than 50. For every champion in boxing there are 30 other guys who went 0-6 or 2-14 and then quit. The story of this podcast was why a guy with fifty losses keeps going when most people give up.

They interviewed him and he talked about how he was basically homeless for his 20-year career, living in hotels. Just going from fight to fight. He never had a manager or a trainer or anyone helping him, it was just him. He kept going because no one could ever knock him out and whenever he had a chance to train, he won or at least did well.

One of his 6 wins was on TV against a guy who was 18-0 and was supposed to fight for a championship next.

Boxing and wrestling are similar but different enough that you can't really compare them. That being said, listening to the guy talk about being on the road and being all on his own and knowing he was probably going to get his ass kicked but not giving up resonated with me.

Of course at the end of the podcast they went into how DNA evidence resulted in this guy being put away for murdering a friend of his in the 90's.

So we're not exactly the same.

Comments (10) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post  

The Shineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें