Oh my quad

Last night they carried a guy into the back that couldn't put any weight on one leg. I didn't see what happened. Some people were saying that it was a torn quad but I don't know if that's true.

I think I've worked more than a hundred shows at this point but I've hardly ever seen anyone taken to the hospital. Maybe twice. Don't get me wrong, it's not because there haven't been serious injuries that require medical attention. They just didn't go. I wonder if there are any countries that have free healthcare and professional wrestling. Japan?

As he was on the dirty floor groaning and his buddies were debating what to do, I asked if I could try something. I had them carry him into a storage closet and set him down in there. I've only ever used my healing spell on someone else once. That was a simple thing. When I heal myself, I know exactly where the injury is and what it is.

This was something else altogether. It was much harder. There's no good analogy, but maybe it was like trying to take a splinter out of someone's hand while blindfolded? You know something's there but you just have to feel around. It seemed like it took hours but it was probably 20 minutes. I was about to give up when he made a noise like he got punched in the gut and he snapped his head back to look at me.

He said that the pain was gone and he felt fine. He was astonished. I was too. He asked me what I did and I made up some bullshit about massage and pressure points and nerve clusters. I told him he had just displaced some muscle tissue, which I don't think is a thing.

It made me feel good to help someone. I would have felt better if he wasn't an asshole, but assholes need help too I guess. Since I can never feel good for long, I starting wondering – what am I doing wrestling? Shouldn't I be in a hospital? What exactly can I do with my healing spell? Cure cancer? Help people walk again after a car wreck? Save trauma patients in the ER?

I wonder what would happen if I turned in a hospital with real healing powers.

Nothing good probably.

Comments (0) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post