Silver City Newsworld

A Snohomish, Washington man has been charged with terrorism after police say he left a backpack with incendiary materials and an attached fuse at the Elks Lodge on Highway 90 on Tuesday, leading to the evacuation of that building and, later, the Ridge Road mobile home complex.

The Silver City Police Department Office issued a news release Wednesday afternoon that said it had arrested and charged Nathan Underhill, 23, with possession of an incendiary or explosive device, a Class C felony, and an outstanding warrant for 4th degree criminal mischief for failing to appear in an unrelated incident. Underhill is also being charged with terrorism, a Class B felony, and possession of an incendiary or explosive device from a related investigation.

A criminal complaint filed Wednesday by police alleges that, at 2:16 p.m. Tuesday, law enforcement was called to the Elks Lodge for a possible incendiary device placed in an exterior electrical outlet that appeared to be singed from where someone attempted to set it on fire.

The device was attached with a bright yellow or green tape, the same that was later found in a backpack left at the Elks Lodge and at a room at the Holiday Inn Express on Superior.

Police say a notebook containing the following statement was found: "Use incendiaries to destroy the electric box."

The Grant County Metro Bomb Squad confirmed that the device caused an "incendiary reaction, but did not cause enough heat to burn through the rubber hose that was a part of the device."

On Tuesday, the Silver City Police Department responded to the Holliday Inn Express after they say Underhill began physically assaulting staff members.

The release said that, once officers arrived on scene, the suspect continued to be combative with law enforcement officers. Once the suspect was apprehended, he was transported to the hospital for evaluation, but a backpack with suspicious contents was left at the scene.

A criminal complaint alleges that law enforcement was told that Underhill initially possessed a machete, but that Holiday Inn staff were eventually able to secure it. The complaint said that Underhill was taken to the hospital for self-inflicted wounds.

The Elks Lodge was evacuated after law enforcement responded and Highway 90 was closed to traffic as multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Grant County Metro Bomb Team, responded and safely removed the suspicious package. The release said it contained incendiary materials with an attached fuse.

This incident disrupted a scheduled professional wrestling event at the Elks Lodge which reportedly had received bomb threats and had already rescheduled once due to failure to secure mandatory event liability insurance.

The organizer of the event Tom Corley, owner of Red Star Entertainment Inc. could not be reached for comment.

54 thoughts on "A Seattle man is facing a charge of terrorism and two charges of possession of explosives"

Killmoor Kush

What the fuck is this? No mention of the fucking running gun battle?! I was there!

I go early to the meet and greet, before I can even get in the cops are there saying there's a gas leak or some shit. They bum rush me back outside, I stand around with some [offensive language removed] talking about AEW and other [offensive language removed] shit when this old red Plymouth across the street goes up in a fucking ball of fire.

The dude they arrested drove up, parked, got out, and instantly, flames. The Plymouth was fucking rigged to go up. You can't say it wasn't. They don't even have his name right, Nathan Underhill is an alias, his real name is Teufel Kane. It didn't take me five minutes on Google to find out. Cops are fucking stupid.