Chapter 45: James POV

Start from the beginning

Scott instantly froze, and Fwhip's eyes narrowed. "You know where she is, don't you?"

Scott's expression contorted in rage. "And what if I did? I'm not telling you!" He spat.

"Scott, be reasonable!" Katherine cried., "You remember what it was like with Xornoth-"

"YOU DON'T NEED TO REMIND ME!" He shouted, the blizzard that had formed outside becoming fiercer and his glare settling on her.

"SCOTT!" Gem shouted, and his head snapped toward her. "If we can find your sister, we might be able to help her! If you don't help us find her, she'll become fully corrupted, and we'll have to do the same thing we did to your brother."

Scott closed his mouth, and closed his eyes tightly, letting his breath out slowly. "Fine." He finally said, looking up. "I might know. I'm not positive though."

"What do you mean "might"?" Lizzie asked. "Haven't you been in illegal contact with her or something?"

"No." he answered quietly. "I haven't seen her since the day of the trial."

I felt a twinge of sympathy for him. I knew what it was like to have sisters disappear...even if they didn't want to leave. "So, we leave now?" I asked, speaking up for the first time.

Gem nodded. "The sooner we leave the better chance we have of saving her. It'll take around an hour for the dragons to get here. Prepare yourselves."

My hand instantly went to the handle of my trident which was strapped to my back. I'd probably be needing it.

An hour later, all eleven of us were standing outside of Eastvale, waiting.

I was sitting right up against the wall with Lizzie, Joel, and Pix. Fwhip, Katherine and Gem were having a whispered discussion, while Pearl and Sausage were playing some weird hand slapping game for some reason. Joey was biting his fingernail, and his body was wrapped in his parrot-like wings. I understood, it was freezing. Because of Scott. He was pacing a good distance away from us. And wringing his hands. It seemed like he was muttering to himself.

He jumped, along with most of us, when wing beats came out of nowhere. Five elephant sized dragons descended from the sky and landed less than fifty feet away from us. They we an array of different, jewel bright colors.

"Okay everyone, gather round." Gem said, and we all walked over to where she was standing by the dragons, Scott keeping his distance. He looked...panicky. I don't think it was just the situation though. I don't think he's been around more than two people at a time since the trial... "Who knows how to fly a dragon?" Katherine, Sausage and to my surprise Lizzie all raised their hands. Gem gave Scott a look. "Come on, I know you can too." She said.

Scott's eyebrows raised. "I can...?" he asked slowly.

Gem rolled her eyes. "Remember? Two years ago? I taught you on the way to the Overgrown?"

Scott opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again. "Didn't I almost kill us?" he said, in an unsure tone. Gem actually laughed.

"No, you didn't." she said. "You'll be fine."

"Hold up- I ain't driving one of those things." He said.

"You are if we're getting to wherever we're going, Plus, you're leading the group, considering you're the only person who knows where we're going." Gem pointed out.