Chapter 23 ~ Plane Crash

Not edited

Mentions ~ Death, mature language, 

Alex D'Cruz

I placed my bags and the outfits Mr. Pierce gave me for the show in a few days. I threw myself on my bed and Bailee came waltzing into my room. She just got her things from Mr. Pierce also. 

" Luciano is taking me out tonight," She smiled massively toward the ceiling.

" Congrats, my fiancee doesn't know how to talk to me."

" Sorry, but you know Giovanni knows how to talk to you."

" Why are y'all trying to get me with Giovanni? We are friends," Bailee raised her eyebrow at me. Friends. Not really, but we will talk to each other once in a while. 

" Friends? I guess. Talk later I have to dress to impress," Bailee skipped out of my room. The date is just more than a date. I know for sure almost everyone is going out tonight. So only a few people are going to be at the house tonight. I wish Miko will take me out like he use to, but he always has to fucking work. 

Work is more important than your future wife

Sometimes I wonder why I accepted the proposal. We only we dating for nine months. I think I was desperate and ready to move on. I was in a rush. I think it's time to break it off. He says he wants a family but treats me like I don't exist. We have been engaged for too long because of work and many things coming up. He is always saying that work comes first and this and that has to be done before a specific time. I always get pushed to the side.

I pushed myself off my bed and walked downstairs and the doorbell rang repeatedly. I opened the door and no one was there. Before I closed the door a manilla file was leaning against the wall. I picked up the file and read the name of the file. 

Classified Information

Plane Crash

May 26, 8 years ago

This date is so familiar and specifically 8 years ago. I opened the file and my information was on the first page. I sat down at the table and read over everything. My eyes began to water. They fucking covered up their deaths of them. My father was a part of this. He forced them to come along on the plane, but most importantly it was his fault. It's always his fucking fault.

" Hey Alex," Giovanni walks in.

I never had hatred for someone this fucking much.

" What the fuck is this," I held up the file. His eyes widen and he tried to snatch it from me, but I pulled it farther back.